Paul Lambert

limpid

I meant having a proper defensive midfielder. I look at our midfield three and I think not one knows their role. Which is why our defence gets horribly exposed and our attack horrible unsupported. That is down to the tactics and motivation being wrong. And this is the thing with Lambert and co this season. The motivation is terrible. It's gone south compared to what you could see was last season, from Feb onwards, a true rallying of the troops. He deserves full credit for that. But it's not there this season. I'm sure there's behind the scenes stuff. You don't lose it that quickly unless you're hearts not in it or more

This is the thing, you build from the back. enough 'crearive midfielder' stuff. We aren't in that state. Make us hard to beat then build on that.

So sign a potentially quality player like Okore to do just that & then watch him get injured for the rest of the season.

Surely fans understand this.

That's why I refuse to join the clamour for Lambert out.

Give the guy a proper chance please.

What on EARTH are you talking about?

It is very well known in 'Villa circles' that the fans have been impeccably patient and the very fact that Paul Lambert 'wasn't Alex McLeish' bought him more time than a lot of managers would have been afforded. Be under no illusions, the fans overall have been extremely patient with Mr Lambert but unfortunately for the club he is taking us backwards, not forwards and the majority have now accepted this as it's undeniable. We are now in freefall, 4 points above the drop and looking like we'll struggle to score another goal let alone do enough to accumulate any more points. So, coupled with the fact that our manager thought it acceptable to play for a draw with 5 defenders against the league's lowest goalscorers and, yes, it is as clear as day that this job is too big for Lambert.

Surely you understand that when the loyal, tolerant away fans turn there is no way back? Surely you understand that every team in this league has injuries to key players and that most teams have contingency plans to deal with that? Surely you understand that other managers (a la Pulis) have built better squads with better philosophies with less money and in a shorter time span? Surely you understand that Paul Lambert has presided over more 'negative records' than any of us care to remember? Surely you understand that when a manager see's fit to play for a draw rather than a win, he is on borrowed time? Surely you understand that Lambert has HAD time to 'make us hard to beat' but keeps signing crap players? (hence having to bring Bertrand in on loan)

Blind faith and hope is all you guys have. Seriously. Everyone else can see how rotten this club is. That is largely down to Lerner, admittedly. But this Lambert bloke is a clueless clown who has been found wanting time and time again and, now that we're on the brink of relegation (yet again) enough is enough. He will end up managing in the Scottish lower leagues and that should say all you need to know. Villa is too big a job for him... surely, surely, surely you understand this?

Ive quoted this just in case you miss it gentleman/Villarevolution!!!!

Funny video that which spent a minute looking at the stadium roof for some reason!

I actually thought at the end they were chanting "we want Lerner out" but seems it was Lambert on another listening.

Which player got booed when he came over as it did seem there were loud boos but couldn't see as the camera was pointing skywards at that point.

And Gabby did initially clap before standing on the halfway line just staring into space so hardly storming down the tunnel without acknowledging the villa fans as some were claiming on his thread.

Anything to have a pop huh? i took the video and was filming it at arms length with one hand at that point when whilst watching the reaction but not through the video cam at that time!! it might have been a little shaky but so what?? it demonstrates he has lost the fans.

You are first person to have a go at the video!! appreciate the fact that i recorded and was able share this on here with everyone who didn't go the match like yourself!!!

If people like Matt Kendrick thought like you do about all but 10secs of at Stadium Roof then it will been classed as garbage and not made Evening Mail's top story on Sports Section right now.

It was a joke mate, chill. It was good to see the reaction at the end, which player were the fans booing out of interest?

I honestly thinking Southampton passing us off the pitch and winning on Saturday which could easily happen on Saturday will set up some real anti Lambert chants from the Holte for the first time...and maybe some anti board ones aswell.

Sorry that was my awful phrasing. I meant that somebody could hate Lambert to whatever extent and still respect Vlaar for his excellent captaincy. I should have said 'somebody' instead of a non-specific 'you'.

Vlaar is a captain through and through. He marshalls the defence to the best extent he can. He gives a shit about the club. He takes responsibility over the whole club. He's always tweeting about it. He's definitely passionate. He doesn't have to do that.

As for vocal; just because you aren't yelling and screaming doesn't mean you aren't a leader.

But unfortunately I don't think he has the experience for it. He is not a player the others will really look up to and take direction from. If holt was the player we all wanted him to be, he would fit the bill!!

judging by some of the comments on this board, I'm pretty confident i could bullshit my way through a couple of seasons spouting naff all at the after match interviews, convincing discerning fans of my plan as if there ever was one, dismissing journalists as a distraction and just reacting to events on the field with my substitutions and then clearing myself by saying " we go again" and then off to a life as a 1 million pound a year football manager and the life that brings.

"Catch me if to can"

I was never a professional football player with a "name"

thats just about the only thing stopping me or a few others on this board, doing what he is.

Their is no one on VT who can do a better job than Paul Lambert. No one.

This is where fans become delusional.

When I state this though Tro I am not having a pop at you.

It's just a fact of life. Does anyone here on VT seriously believe that they can do a better job than Paul Lambert?

The moment you walked into the Villa dressing room you would either be totally ignored by the players or quite simply just laughed out of town. :crylaugh:

Get real!

• Like 3

Sorry that was my awful phrasing. I meant that somebody could hate Lambert to whatever extent and still respect Vlaar for his excellent captaincy. I should have said 'somebody' instead of a non-specific 'you'.

Vlaar is a captain through and through. He marshalls the defence to the best extent he can. He gives a shit about the club. He takes responsibility over the whole club. He's always tweeting about it. He's definitely passionate. He doesn't have to do that.

As for vocal; just because you aren't yelling and screaming doesn't mean you aren't a leader.

But unfortunately I don't think he has the experience for it. He is not a player the others will really look up to and take direction from. If holt was the player we all wanted him to be, he would fit the bill!!

Apart from being club captain for Feyenoord and leading them to a title and captaining Holland? No experience at all ;) .

• Like 1

Apart from being club captain for Feyenoord and leading them to a title and captaining Holland? No experience at all ;) .

Don't forget, playing in the Eredivise is the same as playing in League One ;)

This is the thing, you build from the back. enough 'crearive midfielder' stuff. We aren't in that state. Make us hard to beat then build on that.

So sign a potentially quality player like Okore to do just that & then watch him get injured for the rest of the season.

Surely fans understand this.

That's why I refuse to join the clamour for Lambert out.

Give the guy a proper chance please.

Give the guy a chance?! Where did I have a pop at Lambert? I said we are too soft in midfield? We have a 3 man midfield yet no leaders in there. That's my point. He has to get STEEL in the team. AND take the armband off Vlaar. He's no captain. He's no way near vocal or passionate enough for this group.

I want Lambert to turn it around like I wanted McLeish to prove us wrong as not only would it prove he had it, but piss the noses off at the same time.

apologies Stewiek2.

I wasn't having a go at you I was actually agreeing with your post.

My remark about giving the guy a proper chance was intended for the genuine known anti Lambert posters here on VT.

To qualify that further, I have nothing against the anti Lambert lobby because they may actually be right in how they currently view all Villa matters close to our hearts. 

What hurts me the most is that I do believe in the Lambert project & it is  the overall majorities knee jerk reaction that I am afraid of as I believe such short sightedness could potentially send us back to square one again.

I also accept that it could be me too who has got the whole thing wrong.

I just hope it turns quickly so that those who have turned can be persuaded in the folly of their knee jerk reaction.

I accept the sincerity of your posts and I can feel the care and concern from your comments when defending Lambert.....and believe me I don't want to see us changing manager every 5 minutes, it is not commensurate with success....but if its not right( opinion/to be established) you have to deal with it .......Clough at leeds 44 days.

The truth is no of us no for sure and that is what he is hiding behind right now, not intentionally of course.....its the doubt it all brings that incompetent managers seek solace with.

I too was supportive of Paul Lamberts appointment as I was with Martin O'Neill, what none of us are gifted with is seeing in to the future and that is the very thing that changes our opinions....events and actions.

This manager of ours is not even gifted at defending himself at after match interviews its bland and basic and lacks any notion of an intellectual football manager....I would suspect a decent fan would do better.

I often say to myself after listening to him.....would this guy motivate me going to war i.e in to a game.

I'm just so sad to be thinking like this.

Why does there have to be 2 'sides'? This isn't West Side Story.

Why didn't you take this attitude when we were 10th and people weren't happy?

Who says I didn't?

Nice conundrum Stef - I'm off site now & getting out the West Side Story DVD. (How sad is that?)  :(  :P 

If Lambo get's booted out by the Jets he can easily manage the Sharks. ;) 

Lambo In - Jets Out! ;)

Vlaar is one of the few defendable lambert signings.

Hmmm? Still questionable. Its such an important role, that a player with his injury history was a little risky. Its left us in the shit on many occasion.

Edited by foreveryoung

Who says I didn't?

Er... Your posts towards anyone who was anti Lambert for the past 2 years.

• Like 1

Who says I didn't?

Er... Your posts towards anyone who was anti Lambert for the past 2 years.

Eh?

Surely you can see the difference between debating with somebody who holds a different point of view and putting people in 2 camps and constantly referring to said camps.

judging by some of the comments on this board, I'm pretty confident i could bullshit my way through a couple of seasons spouting naff all at the after match interviews, convincing discerning fans of my plan as if there ever was one, dismissing journalists as a distraction and just reacting to events on the field with my substitutions and then clearing myself by saying " we go again" and then off to a life as a 1 million pound a year football manager and the life that brings.

"Catch me if to can"

I was never a professional football player with a "name"

thats just about the only thing stopping me or a few others on this board, doing what he is.

Their is no one on VT who can do a better job than Paul Lambert. No one.

This is where fans become delusional.

When I state this though Tro I am not having a pop at you.

It's just a fact of life. Does anyone here on VT seriously believe that they can do a better job than Paul Lambert?

The moment you walked into the Villa dressing room you would either be totally ignored by the players or quite simply just laughed out of town. :crylaugh:

Get real!

You obviously never read my post properly

I said and will re state I never was a professional football player...and that just about ends any chance of what ever I say(or any articulate fan) to be accepted as credible, even if word for word i said the same as any Football manager.

I have had instances in my life where i have been very, very close to Premier league football players and I'm confident of what I'm saying.

There is many aspects of running a Premier league football team and in most of them I wouldn't have a clue what is required, but when it comes to watching the game in the 90 odd minutes every week, I think I have a fair idea of what is going on and when I have put my knowledge to the test by talking through my understanding of what went on during a game with a pro i have been left confident I have read it right( bare in mind in confidence they tell it like it really is, not journalist bullshit)

There are many folk that have a good understanding of the game, but without that tag of being a PRO footballer no one will listen to you.....whether you are right or not.

That does not mean that a football manager can hoodwink you with you not having the confidence to disagree.....after all they have got a 1mill pound a year job to protect.

Edited by TRO

You're completely missing my point.

I'm commenting on the constant referring to 2 separate groups, whether you want Lambert in or out. It's a tad childish really. 

To be honest, I think you know what my point is and you're just causing an argument about something totally different.

Â