Paul Lambert

limpid

The most infuriating thing for me is knowing that we will have to start from scratch once again. Next season is going to be more of the same shit like the past four have been. It will be a false dawn yet again.

Not necessarily. A new manager would need to impose his playing style, which the players and fans would need to buy into. But he wouldn't need to strictly cut costs like Lambert has had to do.

If we get a new manager, they would hopefully be told; the cost-cutting has been done, work with what you've got and have £20m to spend (which will probably be the amount Lambert is given). As it's unlikely that Bent will be sold, if a new manager wants to use him (for example), I doubt Randy would prefer him to rot in the reserves on the same wages.

Personally, if Lambert is sacked, I'd like us to take a bit of a risk on someone who likes to play a passing game. A Pocchetino (sp?) type manager. It's a risk, but the rewards are greater than another Lambert (who is a risk himself).

No more scottish managers please

Well said Sunny. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Our 4 most expensive signings (Benteke, Okore, Kozak & Nzogbia) are injured.

Take the 4 most expensive signs out of most teams and watch them struggle.

Lets grit out teeth, hope we stay up and see what happens next season. I'm not up for the club sacking Lambert and don't think they will anyway.

Lambert admitted the other day that nzogbia was training with the kids and i dont think being expensive means you're automatically a big miss.

He's not fit to train at the tempo of the first team though is he, nor has he been all season. If he was fit he would have played. lambert didn't bomb him out last season when he turned a few important matches for us.

That whole fake injury conspiracy in the Nzogbia threat was incredible.

I keep hearing people defending Lambert saying the club was in a mess when he took over or he hasn't had a lot of money to spend or that he can only bring in players on low wages etc

Can these people please explain the job Tony Pulis is doing at Palace then???

In a complete mess when he took over from Holloway, hasn't spent a great deal and with a wage structure which must be similar to ours and from what i can see has progressed them more in a few months than Lambert has in over 18

Yes money is important and we couldn't break the top 6 without serious investment but its not everything and Lamberts had over 18 months working on the philosophy and shape of the team with the players everyday on the training ground and we're showing no signs of progress

He's doing a poor job

• Like 1

I keep hearing people defending Lambert saying the club was in a mess when he took over or he hasn't had a lot of money to spend or that he can only bring in players on low wages etc

In a complete mess when he took over from Holloway, hasn't spent a great deal and with a wage structure which must be similar to ours and from what i can see has progressed them more in a few months than Lambert has in over 18

Yes money is important and we couldn't break the top 6 without serious investment but its not everything and Lamberts had over 18 months working on the philosophy and shape of the team with the players everyday on the training ground and we're showing no signs of progress

He's doing a poor job

Too early to judge Pulis though. Wait 2 year and see how Palace is doing then

judging by some of the comments on this board, I'm pretty confident i could bullshit my way through a couple of seasons spouting naff all at the after match interviews, convincing discerning fans of my plan as if there ever was one, dismissing journalists as a distraction and just reacting to events on the field with my substitutions and then clearing myself by saying " we go again" and then off to a life as a 1 million pound a year football manager and the life that brings.

"Catch me if to can"

I was never a professional football player with a "name"

thats just about the only thing stopping me or a few others on this board, doing what he is.

Their is no one on VT who can do a better job than Paul Lambert. No one.

This is where fans become delusional.

When I state this though Tro I am not having a pop at you.

It's just a fact of life. Does anyone here on VT seriously believe that they can do a better job than Paul Lambert?

The moment you walked into the Villa dressing room you would either be totally ignored by the players or quite simply just laughed out of town. :crylaugh:

Get real!

The reason some of us who do or have coached professionally would get laughed out of town is because we're not one of the boys. It's an old boy network, just look at the atrocious managers who keep getting jobs when there are coaches out there with the same coaching licenses as them.

To say I could do a better job, not sure but I know I couldn't do any worse. The guys has very limited tactical knowledge as it has been shown many times this season.

• Like 1

He's doing a poor job

Yes but over the last couple of months he's had them consistantly producing performances and results better than Lambert ever has with us and IMO Lamberts had better players to work with

• Like 2

He's doing a poor job

In 2 years they will still be able to defend which is more than can be said of Lamberts teams , his Norwich team leaked goals too.

• Like 1

judging by some of the comments on this board, I'm pretty confident i could bullshit my way through a couple of seasons spouting naff all at the after match interviews, convincing discerning fans of my plan as if there ever was one, dismissing journalists as a distraction and just reacting to events on the field with my substitutions and then clearing myself by saying " we go again" and then off to a life as a 1 million pound a year football manager and the life that brings.

"Catch me if to can"

I was never a professional football player with a "name"

thats just about the only thing stopping me or a few others on this board, doing what he is.

Their is no one on VT who can do a better job than Paul Lambert. No one.

This is where fans become delusional.

When I state this though Tro I am not having a pop at you.

It's just a fact of life. Does anyone here on VT seriously believe that they can do a better job than Paul Lambert?

The moment you walked into the Villa dressing room you would either be totally ignored by the players or quite simply just laughed out of town. :crylaugh:

Get real!

You obviously never read my post properly

I said and will re state I never was a professional football player...and that just about ends any chance of what ever I say(or any articulate fan) to be accepted as credible, even if word for word i said the same as any Football manager.

I have had instances in my life where i have been very, very close to Premier league football players and I'm confident of what I'm saying.

There is many aspects of running a Premier league football team and in most of them I wouldn't have a clue what is required, but when it comes to watching the game in the 90 odd minutes every week, I think I have a fair idea of what is going on and when I have put my knowledge to the test by talking through my understanding of what went on during a game with a pro i have been left confident I have read it right( bare in mind in confidence they tell it like it really is, not journalist bullshit)

There are many folk that have a good understanding of the game, but without that tag of being a PRO footballer no one will listen to you.....whether you are right or not.

That does not mean that a football manager can hoodwink you with you not having the confidence to disagree.....after all they have got a 1mill pound a year job to protect.

Tro - I don't believe I did  misread your post. As I stated it was not personal. I know you are sincere & I fully respect your opinion. In fairness to your good self you have run your thoughts by professional footballing people & that is to be admired.

However, to underline my main point here once more, no ordinary football fan knows more about the game than the professional manager.

They just simply don't & would have no credibility from any current professional in the professional football industry if they walked into a dressing room.

Again, this is not aimed at you directly, but what do you think any Villa players attitude would be if any ordinary fan went into the changing room & tried to offer them their blue print for success & laid out the game plan for the day?

Fan's merely state they could do better out of their total frustration at the club's current difficulties & that's as understandable as their true ignorance of the professional game.

No offence intended to any VT poster here because ultimately we are all Villa fans & only want success.

briggsy is right and pulis is a good example IMO, it took pulis about a week to get palace playing his brand of football, no matter how bad it is and how many of us dont like it that club and all the players buy in to and plays exactly how he wants them to, i've got it as 11 clean sheets in 24 games, you can see his impact in the way they play

lambert has had 18 months and still messes about with formations, tactics and line ups every week, we dont have a brand or a style that i can see apart from counter attacking vs the top 4, how often do you hear "what do you do all week" shouted at a villa game? 4/5 times per match?

• Like 4

Tony Pulis is a great manager when you are in a dog fight & scrapping for your life.

I totally respect the guy but detest his footballing philosophy. ( Before any one starts he knows a million % more about the game than I do.)

More importantly, & please be honest here, would anybody like to see him as Villa manager?

He plays dinosaur football that does not evolve & as we all know the dinosaurs eventually become extinct.

Great for Stoke City & Crystal Palacein the short term but strictly limited as a long term project unlike Paul Lambert's.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 2

Great for Stoke City & Crystal Palacein the short term but strictly limited as a long term project unlike Paul Lambert's.

Long term project to play rank football, consistently get beat by shit teams, not be able to pass the ball, give shit excuses every time we get beat, etc.

Can't see how anybody could possibly get the impression that Lambert will ever get us to punch above our weight. We have done nothing but underperform since he arrived.

Get rid.

• Like 2

He's doing a poor job

Pulis has never got a club relegated in his career. If Palace are happy with his shit brand of football, I would expect them to be about where they are now- a lower mid table Premier League club who teams do not like visiting. Call me unambitious but I would be delighted with that with Villa at the moment.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Hows the football Pulis has been playing any more dinosaur than what Lambert has subjected us to?

He's been a revelation since taking over at Palace and I don't see how no thrills football based on defensive solidarity is only a short-term strategy isn't that what Moyes did at Everton for years?

• Like 2

Hows the football Pulis has been playing any more dinosaur than what Lambert has subjected us to?

He's been a revelation since taking over at Palace and I don't see how no thrills football based on defensive solidarity is only a short-term strategy isn't that what Moyes did at Everton for years?

Isn't that what McLeish did at Villa Park though?

Â