Paul Lambert

limpid

He is so deluded

On the game itself, Lambert added: 'We gave away a poor goal early on but after that I thought we were in the ascendancy.

'I can't fault the effort and commitment of the players - it was absolutely top class and that's exactly the sort of fight we will need from them between now and the end of the season.

'There was nothing in it. We had a lot of the ball, played well and made a real fight of it and the difference was just at the top end of the pitch.

'We weren't going to come here and be shrinking violets, that's for sure. I also thought our support was incredible - and we have all just got to keep believing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6688507/Paul-Lambert-shrugs-criticism-despite-having-restrained-police-sent-off.html

Ipswich manager Paul Lambert said he had no regrets after receiving a red card in the derby

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Ipswich fans got what they deserved for hounding out McCarthy who was making them competitive on a small budget

Cant remember many managers getting relegated from Prem then Championship in a row, never mind with different clubs

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

4. Lambert said in an interview a few months ago , that while he was out of work that he went to Germany and spoke to a coach he knew well ( reported on twtd I believe ) and had took away from that to stick to what he believed in and it would work. Well it hasn't worked, it took far too long to ditch the playing out from the back that our players were incapable of doing and we are still persisting with this formation that neither makes us defensively secure nor offers much if any shots or attacking menace. Time to rethink.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/457888/evans-and-lambert-read-this-annoyed-and-just-back-from-sheffield/#18

Still talking about that **** German holiday.

That's it Lambert, if it doesn't work. Try, try, try again. Counter attacking took you from League 1 to a highly touted PL manager.
"Possession" football took you from a highly touted PL manager to a League 1 manager.

Surely you can work this out for yourself?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, useless said:

Doing well top of the league with Ipswich. Turning them around after the mess McCarthy left them in.

They wouldnt have been relegated under McCarthy, wouldnt have even been close to the drop zone. All on a shoestring budget

• Like 1

They would have because they sold all their best players, and what they were left with (the team that he built) was one of the worst squads in the championship. Ask any Ipswich fan and they will tell you that McCarthy made a mess of things.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Turning them around after the mess McCarthy left them in.

What? There are a few people to blame for Ipswich's relegation, but Mick McCarthy is not one of them.

McCarthy left in April. Then Ipswich put Hurst in charge who managed to win a single game in 14.

Lambert didn't have an easy job, but to lay the blame at McCarthy's door is absurd. they finished 12th under him, and 16th and 7th the season before, all while spending an absolute pittance. He did an admirable job there considering the way the club is run. He spent something like £6m there on players in 6 seasons, while bringing £20+ back on selling players. Keeping them that solid for so long with the resources he had was miraculous.

• Like 2

McCarthy left them with an ageing squad that only knew how to play hoof ball. He might have had very little to spend selling players and not being able to spend all the money brought in but most other championship clubs are in that exact same position. He did similar at Wolves did a good job whilst he was there, but left them with a terrible squad that eventually got relegated to league one. I like McCarthy but I guess that's the deal with managers like him.

Â