Paul Lambert

limpid

I think from the end of his first season we've gone massively backwards.

I agree that that was our best period under Lambert but ultimately it was only a run of 7 or 8 games, which was essentially built on Benteke being an absolute boss. Season on season we haven't gone backwards, although I would have liked to have seen a bit more progress for sure. I still believe it can happen this season, we're a lot stronger as a squad and in a far better position than we were at this stage of that first year.

I disagree. I think last year was worse than the first and this one has the potential to be even worse. I can't see it being better than his first with 42 points. We've gone nowhere with him and potentially this could be a disaster season if we don't start scoring goals at a higher rate.

Fair enough. I can fully understand why you don't think we'll beat 42 points but I actually think that we will, although it will need Benteke firing again. Here's hoping. 

Its going to take a hell of a lot more than Benteke firing again to sort this mess out. To be honest I dont think he will get firing again either

I sincerely hope it does but also I do hope that people won't put too much expectation on Gil to be our saviour. He is a 22 year old coming to a foreign country and playing a different brand of football. I expect him to take time to fit in and it may even be next season before we see exactly what he is capable of.

I agree with you actually, but even if we don't see him at his best, he can at least provide a bit of balance, get beyond the striker and create space. When Benteke was at his best Gabby and especially Weimann were doing this a lot, they don;t tend to so much anymore. It's not just Gil though, Benteke needs to sort himself out a bit, and Lambert needs to tweak his tactics. 

Tweak his tactics? Id say it needs a massive overhaul, nobody seems to have a clue whats going on. The players look lost on the pitch and Lambert just sits there doing sod all on the touchline. The less said about his substitutions the better, the man is clearly not up the job

• Like 2

I'm sorry but 12 goals all season (including home games against Blackpool and Leyton Orient) is about as backwards as you can get without becoming Irish ;)

I don't care that we have the 5th best defence or whatever it is, I watch football for goals not clean sheets.

Bit racist no? Joke or not.

I'm sorry but 12 goals all season (including home games against Blackpool and Leyton Orient) is about as backwards as you can get without becoming Irish ;)

I don't care that we have the 5th best defence or whatever it is, I watch football for goals not clean sheets.

I can think of one of our Irish defenders was anything but backward.....more appropriately highly intelligent in footballing terms.

Mind you Oscar Wilde was a bit of numpty too.lol

• Like 1

I can think of one of our Irish defenders was anything but backward.....more appropriately highly intelligent in footballing terms.

Nope i take it back, us Irish are backward. This young guy was on the main news tonight i kid you not.

http://youtu.be/2I_MIoooXn0

PC, I quite like it on this forum and wouldn't want to be banned for life, so as a thought, I really have to hold back to replying to any of your posts.

We have fell head first in the doo doo with Lambert at the helm chap, what you have been watching for the last 3 seasons it seriously cannot be the Villa.

Nope i take it back, us Irish are backward. This young guy was on the main news tonight i kid you not.

http://youtu.be/2I_MIoooXn0

No, no, no.

Please do not let anyone else see this.

Paul Lambert has saId many times......."Randy has been very good to me"

Does that mean he is happy with the funding......or is he alluding to staying in the job with poor results?

Paul Lambert has saId many times......."Randy has been very good to me"

Does that mean he is happy with the funding......or is he alluding to staying in the job with poor results?

Probably a bit of both IMO.

In terms of funding for transfers, since Lambo came, he has received more transfer funding than 55% of the teams in the current premier league (when you consider what he has spent & recouped).

In regard to results many chairmen would have have sacked him a lot earlier so he probably sees himself as fortunate to still be in a job.

A big defeat at the weekend against a generally out of sorts Liverpool will pile on the pressure for Lambo - I hope he turns it around but nothing I have seen so far convinces me he will.

• Like 2

Bit racist no? Joke or not.

I negated its 'severity' with a winky face

Lighten up man :)

• Like 1

PC, I quite like it on this forum and wouldn't want to be banned for life, so as a thought, I really have to hold back to replying to any of your posts.

We have fell head first in the doo doo with Lambert at the helm chap, what you have been watching for the last 3 seasons it seriously cannot be the Villa.

I'm sorry my opinion makes you so explosively angry, but there we are, it's just an opinion. I'm not happy with the last three years either, but I do see mitigating circumstances and I don't blame everything on the manager, even if there are some things I wish he'd do differently. 

Im not explosively angry, I was saying this in a posh controlled voice :)

• Like 1

Lambert obviously has no issues with the funding he's been given or the conditions he works under.

Its part of the problem, the manager and owner are both perfectly happy to just survive. So no wonder that's what we get.

How do you know Lambert has no issues with the funding he's been given or the conditions he works under? :o

Lambert obviously has no issues with the funding he's been given or the conditions he works under.

Its part of the problem, the manager and owner are both perfectly happy to just survive. So no wonder that's what we get.

Haha spare me lad. You think Lambert would of liked to of had the funds to overhaul our squad in a couple of transfer windows rather than 6 windows and counting?

This thread reminds me of when I search #avfc on twitter. 99% dribble

• Like 2

Â