Paul Lambert

limpid

And yet he's still here and signed a new deal so he's obviously not unhappy with it. He's clearly happy to work under these conditions and restrictions.

Lambert in "wanting to remain employed" shocker.  Jesus Christ, man.

Why oh why did I have to go and spend all my Likes.

• Like 1

Lambert obviously has no issues with the funding he's been given or the conditions he works under.

Its part of the problem, the manager and owner are both perfectly happy to just survive. So no wonder that's what we get.

Haha spare me lad. You think Lambert would of liked to of had the funds to overhaul our squad in a couple of transfer windows rather than 6 windows and counting?

This thread reminds me of when I search #avfc on twitter. 99% dribble

Exactly!! How many players has he tried to sign but couldn't due to money.

DC proper rubbish that is mate.

And yet he's still here and signed a new deal so he's obviously not unhappy with it. He's clearly happy to work under these conditions and restrictions.

Looking at Lambert sitting on the bench i would not say he looks "happy" 

Apathetic, clueless, empty, forlorn, scared, sleepy, lost, uninspiring...

But i would not say he looks happy

• Like 1

Why does Lambert hate wingers? And why can't Lambert see that Hutton and Cissokho, as competent as they are, aren't providing the attacking quality, namely neither of them provide decent enough crosses or get close enough to the byline?

On the other hand the few times Grealish has put some suberb balls into the box, no one has gambled and Benteke has pulled to the edge of the box.

He definitely hates wing play. 

it seems madness to play without width especially at villa park with its size. We clearly don't have xavi and inesta in the centre of the park to play so narrow. I honestly think playing with some width would improve us so much. my problem with Lambert is he is will not change tact even when its clearly obvious to the layman its not working, That sort of naivety is dangerous especially the position were in at the moment

Why does Lambert hate wingers? And why can't Lambert see that Hutton and Cissokho, as competent as they are, aren't providing the attacking quality, namely neither of them provide decent enough crosses or get close enough to the byline?

On the other hand the few times Grealish has put some suberb balls into the box, no one has gambled and Benteke has pulled to the edge of the box.

it seems madness to play without width especially at villa park with its size. We clearly don't have xavi and inesta in the centre of the park to play so narrow. I honestly think playing with some width would improve us so much. my problem with Lambert is he is will not change tact even when its clearly obvious to the layman its not working, That sort of naivety is dangerous especially the position were in at the moment

He plays width.  He's just playing width with Agbonlahor and Weimann rather than Young and Downing.

It's perfectly reasonable to think that he might be waiting until he has the money to buy wingers that are good enough to push others out of the team.

I'd sign a 4 year deal to manage Villa. I'd make an absolute arse of myself, but at least i would be consoled by the fact that a few on here would still support me :)

You care too much about what others think ;)

• Like 2

I'll lend you a like and like it for you

• Like 1

Lambert obviously has no issues with the funding he's been given or the conditions he works under.

Its part of the problem, the manager and owner are both perfectly happy to just survive. So no wonder that's what we get.

Haha spare me lad. You think Lambert would of liked to of had the funds to overhaul our squad in a couple of transfer windows rather than 6 windows and counting?

This thread reminds me of when I search #avfc on twitter. 99% dribble

Of course he'd want more. What manager wouldn't. He's here and signed a new deal and consistently praises the owner. What evidence do you have to suggest he's not happy with the conditions he works under?
There's a lot more to it than that, and I'm pretty sure you know it.

If he was unhappy with his working conditions would he still be here? Would he be signing a 4 year deal?

It's your old black and white problem again.

I think he's probably happy that he's managing a club like Aston Villa.

His working conditions are good. He has excellent training facilities, an amazing stadium, he;s in the premier League and he has what he claims to be a good relationship with his boss.

That doesn't mean that he's happy with his transfer budgets, or his wage budgets, or the limbo the club is in.

It's not a tick box. There's no piece of paper that says "Are you happy? Yes or no"

Just because he might be unhappy with some elements of his job doesn't mean he would quit. It doesn't mean he'd turn down an improved contract.

That could be for admirable or less admirable reasons. He might love the challenge, be dying to turn things around and drag us up the table.

Or, he might know that if he resigned he'd be unemployed with no pay off, and a damaged reputation. He's not performed well of late and he'd have a big "resigned when the going got tough" mark on his CV.

Where as as it stands he'd be set for a big pay off if he got sacked, plus the knowledge from future employers that he's willing to work when it's tough and not walk out when he doesn't like something.

Either way, to use the fact he hasn't resigned or didn't reject a new contract as evidence that he's totally happy with everything about his job is frankly ludicrous.

There's only one way to find out.....

•  

Aston Villa Staff QUESTIONNAIRE

Definitely Not!

I Disagree

I Agree

Absolutely!

I know what is expected of me at work.

I get to utilise my strengths in my role.

In the last 7 days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.

My supervisor or someone at work cares about me as a person  

At work, my opinions seem to count.  

My co-workers committed to doing quality work. 

In the last 6 months, someone has talked to me about my progress.

This last year, I have had the opportunity at work to learn and grow.

The morale of Aston Villa FC is high.

My morale is high.

Comments or suggestions

I'll lend you a like and like it for you

Seconded.

Cba to read back over the last several pages of repetition but has anyone noticed the Telegraph has named us as one of the 15 most boring Premier League sides ever?

It seems to be purely based on goals scored.  Not that I'd disagree, but that's their only remit for being "boring".

Cba to read back over the last several pages of repetition but has anyone noticed the Telegraph has named us as one of the 15 most boring Premier League sides ever?

I wouldnt disagree with that, apart from that brief spell at the end of lamberts 1st season the football has been crap for the last 3 and a half years. This season to be honest is an all time low with some of the worst football I have ever witnessed week in week out

Lambert has many, many perceived* negatives. The transfer market it most definitely not one of them.

At least let the poor fella have one thing! Must we take everything positive from him?

*Edited for Crackpot  ;)

What, you mean the way that Lambert has taken everything positive out of Aston Villa?

Come on, you must have known someone was going to say that! ;)

Lambert has many, many perceived* negatives. The transfer market it most definitely not one of them.

At least let the poor fella have one thing! Must we take everything positive from him?

*Edited for Crackpot  ;)

What, you mean the way that Lambert has taken everything positive out of Aston Villa?

Come on, you must have known someone was going to say that! ;)

Well as its not true, no I didn't expect it.  ;)

It seems to be purely based on goals scored.  Not that I'd disagree, but that's their only remit for being "boring".

I think another media outlet, perhaps American?, had a article saying the same, but based on the overall performance, not just on goal-scoring.

I tend to agree, I am utterly bored watching them.

Â