Paul Lambert

limpid

We have to persevere with Lambert, because as long as Lerner is in ownership we won't be sacking him unless we are mired in the bottom 3. Once we accept that we can focus on what is key for this club. New ownership. It has to be sold this summer. Period

By that token, don't we also have to accept Lerner as owner, because it doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere, any time soon.

Of course we have to accept Lerner as owner. We don't have to like it, but complaining about it is just as futile as complaining about the manager. The only difference is that whipping the fans into a frenzy of Lerner-hatred isn't going to have any effect on the team.

Just thought id say this again.

Not being relegated in his first two seasons, with a shit team and a shit budget (both transfers and more so wages) is good enough for me.

We will always be fighting relegation under the current regime and id rather stick with someone who proved he can keep us in the league two seasons running.

The 'Lambert out brigade' who want the club to be great again have to look at the way the club is run. Yes we may need a better manager to make that push, but with the current structures, id rather keep a manager who has a proven track record of keeping us in the league than someone who doesnt. Felix Magath anyone?

Alex McLeish managed to keep us in the league. Were you as supportive of him?

Just wondered, no offence meant.

I remember "Come on Villa, Come on Villa, Come on Villa, Come on!" & "Sing your heart out for the lads!"

Much more effective than "we want Lerner out, say we want Lerner out!" or "Getting sacked in the morning!" - but y'know.. fans and that.

Not being relegated in his first two seasons, with a shit team and a shit budget (both transfers and more so wages) is good enough for me.

We will always be fighting relegation under the current regime and id rather stick with someone who proved he can keep us in the league two seasons running.

The 'Lambert out brigade' who want the club to be great again have to look at the way the club is run. Yes we may need a better manager to make that push, but with the current structures, id rather keep a manager who has a proven track record of keeping us in the league than someone who doesnt. Felix Magath anyone?

What an odd way to look at it.

What's the point? No improvement over 3 seasons is acceptable?

I think mid table should've been the target this season and this squad shouldn't be in the mix.

The current structure isn't the best sure but really it's being used more of an excuse than a valid reason now.

• Like 1

But you know the circumstances were different, don't you, you cheeky scamp you.

I think mid table should've been the target this season and this squad shouldn't be in the mix.

The current structure isn't the best sure but really it's being used more of an excuse than a valid reason now.

We're joint 12th/13th - do you have to be EXACTLY 10th to be midtable? LOL

None taken, wasnt supporter of him though because of where he came from.

Well im hoping that we will be sold and Lerner will get out.  We wont improve until that happens or Lerner starts to spend again.  Id rather wait on being soldthan risk getting someone else in that will get us relegated.

Lets face it under the current regime we wont get any manger worth a dam.

Because supporting lambert has had such a good effect on the team hasn't it?

Yeah it's been disastrous. If only the fans could be bothered to call for the manager's head for 38 games a season we'd be unbeatable.
The point is that the influence of an inept manager on the team is far greater than any influence the opinion of the fans may have. Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

Joint 12th-13 ha ha ha, an that's justification of some sort. If we are there after 3-4 games I will bow down, ha ha what a joke. As for supporting the team, I have seen no less difference in the quality of football chanting Lambert out in the game against Leicester as I have in the last 2 seasons of his shite.

Because supporting lambert has had such a good effect on the team hasn't it?

Yeah it's been disastrous. If only the fans could be bothered to call for the manager's head for 38 games a season we'd be unbeatable.
The point is that the influence of an inept manager on the team is far greater than any influence the opinion of the fans may have.

The manager is here to stay, so even if you happen to think he's inept, calling for his head has no conceivable positive outcome.

Joint 12th-13 ha ha ha, an that's justification of some sort. If we are there after 3-4 games I will bow down, ha ha what a joke. As for supporting the team, I have seen no less difference in the quality of football chanting Lambert out in the game against Leicester as I have in the last 2 seasons of his shite.

Yeah we should be in the champions league for we are the mighty Aston Villa, it's all about history and high expectations nevermind realism.
  • Like 1

Yeah we should be in the champions league for we are the mighty Aston Villa, it's all about history and high expectations nevermind realism.

Precisely nobody has said that whatsoever though, so why the hyperbole.  There is a happy medium to be had between Champions League qualification and scoring 11 goals all season, I'd have thought.

• Like 2

Precisely nobody has said that whatsoever though, so why the hyperbole.  There is a happy medium to be had between Champions League qualification and scoring 11 goals all season, I'd have thought.

Europa League and 12 goals sounds about right. :D

Â