Paul Lambert

limpid

Cba to read back over the last several pages of repetition but has anyone noticed the Telegraph has named us as one of the 15 most boring Premier League sides ever?

It seems to be purely based on goals scored.  Not that I'd disagree, but that's their only remit for being "boring".

I think another media outlet, perhaps American?, had a article saying the same, but based on the overall performance, not just on goal-scoring.

I tend to agree, I am utterly bored watching them.

Yeah, it wasn't a defence of Villa - we're definitely the most boring.

However, Derby's 07/08 season is listed as second most boring because they scored 20 goals... but they conceeded 89!  That's surely pretty entertaining rather than boring (perhaps not as a Derby fan)?

• Like 1

Cba to read back over the last several pages of repetition but has anyone noticed the Telegraph has named us as one of the 15 most boring Premier League sides ever?

It seems to be purely based on goals scored.  Not that I'd disagree, but that's their only remit for being "boring".

I think another media outlet, perhaps American?, had a article saying the same, but based on the overall performance, not just on goal-scoring.

I tend to agree, I am utterly bored watching them.

I shudder to think who the other 14 are. Pray that we're in the number one slot: A more boring side than ours might make people's eyes bleed.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 3

Playing 2 defensive midfielders against Leicester would be ok if we had attacking wingers but to play it with Cole and Cleverley is stupid. Has he lost the plot? I only saw the game on TV and it looked like Sanchez ended up more left side than anything else. Haven't got a clue where Cole and Cleverley played and it seemed Gabby kept dropping deep instead of playing on the last man. Has Cleverley got a has to start clause? For me unless you have attacking wingers you choose between Sanchez or Westwood as you can't accomodate both as you need a forward thinking player alongside a defensive one. Going on Lamberts previous records with blooding signings I doubt we will see him start anytime soon. Lambert needs to find his bottle and have a go as at the moment he's a dead man walking.

That article is an utter disgrace as for me it smacks of someone using their position in a personal vendetta not unbiased reporting

Why is it? Included in the article is a link to Gregg Evans saying we should stick with Lambert. Mat Kendrick is a Villa fan and I agree with a lot of what he says. We are underachieveing. Just because he works for the paper doesn't mean he should have to toe the club line. There's a blog by a Villa fan aswell saying similar stuff just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's a personal vendetta. I don't see Lambert going anywhere soon but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be given stick for our performances and be made to realise we deserve better. He seems like a broken man to me hopefully he'll come out fighting and get us going for wins. I'd rather lose 4 3 than a boring 1 nil!!!!

Bitter??? It's spot on in my view! I know they had a falling out last year but there's nothing in that article to disagree with. The Lambert we have now is not the bloke 3000 chanted for at Norwich away all those years ago. If an article like this can kick him up the arse and have a go instead of this negative crap football I think we will all laud it. Lambert looks like he is here to stay for now at least but he needs to know it's not good enough and we deserve better.

Add that to the rest of Lambert articles Kendrick has produced over the last few days, it also includes many personal digs at Lambert which are not necessary. 

i understand why people wanna vent some anger and frustartion. Matt Kendrick included. Chanting you dont know what youre doing at the manager after XXX home games and no goal is exactly what everyone has the right to do.

Believe me Lambert got that. he heard it. whatever he's legally and professionally restrained to saying in any media interview he understands our feelings towards the present status quo

Bitter??? It's spot on in my view! I know they had a falling out last year but there's nothing in that article to disagree with. The Lambert we have now is not the bloke 3000 chanted for at Norwich away all those years ago. If an article like this can kick him up the arse and have a go instead of this negative crap football I think we will all laud it. Lambert looks like he is here to stay for now at least but he needs to know it's not good enough and we deserve better.

Add that to the rest of Lambert articles Kendrick has produced over the last few days, it also includes many personal digs at Lambert which are not necessary.

There maybe a personal thing there but it's not out of order what he says in this article. Lambert talks like he will come out fighting then does the opposite. Not sure what the crowd will be Saturday but he needs to have a go he needs to get his mojo back. He has lost a lot of support just when we hit a run of games where we'll,be lucky to get anything. If he doesn't find something from some where he may not lose his job but VP will,be empty!!

Haha I see the whole gang responded. Honoured.

When I said happy, I didn't mean he's skipping into work each day and delighted to be Aston villa manager, telling the world what a great job he's got.

He's happy as in he's happy to stay as villa manager and do this job even with the constraints put in place. Does he want to do better? Of course, but he also knows his job is safe as long as he survives. You might not agree but I think that's an issue for the club, that we have an owner with no interest in improving the club and a manager who is happy to work under financial constraints as long as he delivers that survival.

Its no wonder all we do is survive when that's the attitude from the top men in charge.

Shows what the Telegraph knows! We are boring on SO many more levels than just goals scored.

• Like 2

That article is an utter disgrace as for me it smacks of someone using their position in a personal vendetta not unbiased reporting 

It's merely stating what 99% of fans know to be the case.  If you want unbiased facts, go and look at a list of results on Soccerbase, although I fear that there's scant comfort to be had there.

Any examples?

I don't want Lambert sacked until the end of the season, but I can't see anything wrong in the article, it's pretty spot on tbh. 

Maybe not spot on, but not completely unfair. I hope this was written deliberately as a counter to Gregg Evans's article rather than being a summary of MK's opinion.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/comment-should-aston-villa-sack-8443794

There maybe a personal thing there but it's not out of order what he says in this article. Lambert talks like he will come out fighting then does the opposite. Not sure what the crowd will be Saturday but he needs to have a go he needs to get his mojo back. He has lost a lot of support just when we hit a run of games where we'll,be lucky to get anything. If he doesn't find something from some where he may not lose his job but VP will,be empty!! 

But we are already aware of our inefficiencies - why make another article regurgitating the same points over and over? This new article is not revolutionary in any sense, just another one from Kendrick against Lambert. From my perspective, it looks like a bitter tirade by someone with a grudge. How is this truly helping the club?  

I appreciate Mat is a passionate Villa fan, but these continuous articles go deeper than just being a "concerned supporter".

• Like 1

It's a good piece and the vote clearly shows that the majority want him gone.

I read Tom Ross's piece in the Birmingham Mail today and agreed with every bit.

Even the national media are saying how shit we are.

Lambert, you have made us a national joke.

Edited by pacbuddies

But we are already aware of our inefficiencies - why make another article regurgitating the same points over and over? This new article is not revolutionary in any sense, just another one from Kendrick against Lambert. From my perspective, it looks like a bitter tirade by someone with a grudge. How is this truly helping the club?  

I appreciate Mat is a passionate Villa fan, but these continuous articles go deeper than just being a "concerned supporter".

s

Everything he wrote is spot on though. He's not his job to big up the club. I actually think if any one at VP,was to read it they couldn't argue one bit of it. He states that the Lambert we have now is a shadow of the one that we wanted hopefully Lambert can read that himself and realise that he was successful when he attacked and that if he did that again he would have more success. We all know the constraints but we are under achieving simple as that! So if we can't get a new owner the only other options are for the manager to better and if he can't replace him with someone who can. If Lambert was getting the best out of the squad I'd support him but he isn't.

Â