Paul Lambert

limpid

He wasn't useless (that's me) but most managers would have been made to look like they were at this club the last five years. With the foundations he's left behind the new guy will be standing on the shoulders of a giant.

Class statement. Even listening to the journos talk about him on talksport yesterday, they all said that off camera he always always talked about Villa in glowing terms. Was very aware of our history; of Ron Saunders etc, was genuinely honoured to be managing the club and that he was much more personable and generous with his words and his time when the TV cameras weren't rolling. I still think he wasn't the main problem and that his hands were very much tied. His statement and it's mention of his 'mission brief' from Lerner would only seem to confirm that. I don't expect the next man in to have any easier a time of it either. For me Lambert can leave very much with his head held high in spite of the records that he has left us with. Again, extenuating circumstances for me. I fully expect he will walk into another job when he chooses to and that we'll see him back in the Premier League, hopefully for his sake under more comfortable circumstances.

Having said all of that, it was still right that we parted ways. Sometimes things just don't work out. It goes without saying that I wish him all the best for the future.

He should not leave his head held high. Financial restrictions is no excuse for having us be the lowest scorers in all the 4 big leagues, its actually so embarrassing it hurts me.

Class statement. Even listening to the journos talk about him on talksport yesterday, they all said that off camera he always always talked about Villa in glowing terms. Was very aware of our history; of Ron Saunders etc, was genuinely honoured to be managing the club and that he was much more personable and generous with his words and his time when the TV cameras weren't rolling. I still think he wasn't the main problem and that his hands were very much tied. His statement and it's mention of his 'mission brief' from Lerner would only seem to confirm that. I don't expect the next man in to have any easier a time of it either. For me Lambert can leave very much with his head held high in spite of the records that he has left us with. Again, extenuating circumstances for me. I fully expect he will walk into another job when he chooses to and that we'll see him back in the Premier League, hopefully for his sake under more comfortable circumstances.

Having said all of that, it was still right that we parted ways. Sometimes things just don't work out. It goes without saying that I wish him all the best for the future.

He should not leave his head held high. Financial restrictions is no excuse for having us be the lowest scorers in all the 4 big leagues, its actually so embarrassing it hurts me.

So is saying "Big leagues" :lol:

• Like 1

Good guy, untenable situation, and its good that hes moving on. I think he has a very passive demeanor, which can work for some clubs in lower divisions with lower expectations, but not with Aston Villa and the crucible of the Premier League. In an age of knee jerk overreaction, Lerner showed admirable patience with Lambert, but this move was overdue.

Good luck, Paul

Will get the Celtic gig when they sack that Delia clown end of the season.

Deila has done pretty well after what I have heard from Celtic supporters, theres no chance he is going to get sacked.

Failing to get into the CL at two attempts and labouring to another league title.

Seems strange.

Will get the Celtic gig when they sack that Delia clown end of the season.

Deila has done pretty well after what I have heard from Celtic supporters, theres no chance he is going to get sacked.

Failing to get into the CL at two attempts and labouring to another league title.

Seems strange.

Go to the Celtic forums and try to find out what they think about Deila now, you'll be amazed. They absolutely love him there.

I'll give you a teaser, this is from a  recent post from their forum "Is there anyone left who doesnt love him yet? e5001358.png

If so, what the hell is wrong with you?

Edited by villalad21

Lambert reign can be described easily as Good, Bad and the Ugly

Good.

good signings

some great performances against top teams

Sunderland 6-1

Bad.

never building on them good performances against top teams 

lack of goals

early cup exits to lower league teams

Ugly

Chelsea 8-0

Bradford

all them records he broke

nothing personal and wish him luck for the future but we move on

I agree to be honest. He's a nice man, he had a hard job but as a manager your job is to get the best out of the player you have. If that's get 14th in the league or 1st in the league then that's your job. IMO Lambert never got the best out of the squad of players he had. There were some flashes but mostly it was an underperforming side with Lambert in charge.

Good.

good signings

Sunderland 6-1

Bad.

lack of goals

Ugly

Chelsea 8-0

Bradford

Yeah, Lambert's reign was pretty extreme. Had some very brief good periods (usually around late November/early December and obviously the end of the 12/13 season) but also some shocking bad ones like Christmas/New Year 2012/2013, end of last season, most of this season.

I barely remember any times when we were just middling about without much to shout about either way.

Good.

good signings

Sunderland 6-1

Bad.

lack of goals

Ugly

Chelsea 8-0

Bradford

Yeah, Lambert's reign was pretty extreme. Had some very brief good periods (usually around late November/early December and obviously the end of the 12/13 season) but also some shocking bad ones like Christmas/New Year 2012/2013, end of last season, most of this season.

I barely remember any times when we were just middling about without much to shout about either way.

It became that bad that i no longer remember the good times, i dnont even remember the feeling of us scoring a goal, thats how bad it became.

I supported Lambert until the Hull game, and I still think that he's a good manager who could be a success in the future, but it wasn't working for him here. Through a combination of a lot of things - budget, bad luck, poor tactics etc we hit a major block this season and he didn't have a clue how to address it. Maybe it would have been different if we had an assistant manager to advise, sometimes you get so obsessed with making something work that you cant see whats right in front of you, that's where he needed a bit of help but there was no one there. This move was best for everyone, it'll serve us better as a club and should allow him to go somewhere else and get his career back on track using what he learned here to help him

Good luck to him, and I'm sure we'll see him in the Prem again

Â