Paul Lambert

limpid

I've had the shits and vomiting all day but I've just got up and cheered at this news.

I am genuinely scared about who we will appoint though.

It's going to be incredibly difficult to find a guy who will save us in 13 games and who is also the right man moving forward.

Throw shit loads of money at Laudrup or McLaren. Preferably the latter.

If we appoint Sherwood I'm done.

From the official site

Aston Villa Football Club has parted company this evening with manager Paul Lambert.

First-team coach Scott Marshall and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall will continue to prepare the squad for Sunday's FA Cup tie with Leicester City at Villa Park.

The club would also like to place on record its thanks to Paul and take this opportunity to wish him every success in the future.

The club will announce a new manager in due course.

There will be no further comment from the club at this stage.

Lambert holds some responsibility, as do individual players but most of all Lerner. It was always going to be tough sustaining on his ridiculous restraints. We are too good to be relegated and now this combination is near fatal. I hope it's not too late.

Given the state our club is in, I think he's built a decent squad, all things considered. He's just not tactically up to Premier league standards. I honestly think with the right manager our team could do well. Only problem is Mr Lerner will be picking a manager. Wish it were temerarily Pulis. I hope to God Neil Warnock does not get the job

....its disappointing he had to be sacked....would have like to see him Walk.

It just goes to show this gravy train is all about money.

Lets hope the next guy like John Gregory all those years ago..can save us.

short term...we need a motivator.

What fantastic news, like others have said, I do feel sorry for the guy because he did try his hardest but you could just see in the end that the job was taking its toll on him, I might be alone here but I thought he had lost quite a bit of weight recently too, never a  good sign. The time is right for him to go.... In fact it was time for him to go at the end of last season, but all the best for the future...

Â