Paul Lambert

limpid

So glad he has come out and said we have 13 "cup finals" remaining. Such a good analogy to use, especially given our performances in cup competitions under Lambert.

Seriously though this shit has to stop today. 3 points from 10 games and 12 points from 21 games is appalling. We will go down with Lambert in charge for no other reason than he seems to have given up. Despite what he says, his dire tone and repetitive drivel after every game can't motivate anyone in our team.

We have a first team packed with good players and arguably our worst performing areas now in midfield and attack should be our strongest considering that we have Delph, Cleverley, Sanchez and Benteke in the squad. Lambert's tactics and management style can't seem to get performances from these players and something has to change.

Sack Lambert and bring in Sherwood or Laudrup. Really can't do any worse than our current manager.

Edited by jacketspuds

Surely today is the day we've needed for the past 18 months. The fact we've allowed such a poor manager to maintain his position shows how little the owner cares, despite the rubbish the new krulak keeps telling us.

I'm hoping we get the good news this morning and we actually give ourselves a chance to survive this year.

I doubt it. You don't back your manager in the January window to sack him in early February.

They would have taken the view that more backing was all he needed.....

... and they are going to find out how costly that view is.

"Thirteen cup finals" what an absolute joke. Seems to me that all this guy learned at coaching classes was how to talk the bull**** of a manager because that's all he does - talk like a manager!

I've got news for you Paul. You once had the chance to manage Villa in a real cup final but, unfortunately for you and Villa, we came up against the might of Bradford City and, for some strange reason, your, yes Your, Sunday league style hoofball failed to get us through the tie.

So, you can't even get us to a cup final. How on earth do you expect to win enough of the thirteen you say we now have to face?

If you really care about the club and its Premier League status, do the honourable thing and resign. Allow someone else the chance, with enough time, to try to save this historic and famous football club.

I'm asking you to do this because let's face it, the current owner has no idea whatsoever and, therefore, the responsibility is placed directly at your door.

Edited by villarocker

if lambert was to be sacked, does anyone know roughly how much the club would have to pay out?

You'd hope that after the abysmal previous 2 years there would have been a clause in his new deal. It would be shameful if he got a 4 year pay out for performing this badly.

I’d imagine that it would be 12 months compensation if he were to be sacked. He wasn't in a very good bargaining position when he got the new deal and I doubt even Lerner was stupid enough to have put in any more compensation than that.

If Lerner is struggling to find it I will chip in with £100 and I am sure thousands more fans would be willing to dip into their pockets as long as it ensures we see the back of Lambert.

Edited by markavfc40

Morning after, my anger still hasn't subsided if anything I feel worse. what an absolute gutless performance. The fact this has been allowed to go on for as long as it has tells me all I need to know about the board and there intentions for villa. That mumbling fool needs to be fired this morning for the sake of the club. We need to get someone in just to give us a lift and the points needed to get us over the line, it's not too late (YET). One more game we are gone 100%. Do the right thing you bunch of clowns

The pay out is minimal compared with going down, the loss of money when we sell our players.

The more I think about it the more I believe he will not be sacked, I get the feeling there is more going on behind the scenes than we realise, I think PLs contract was his pay off and thanks from RL. The fact we only had RK temporarily and have not employed any backroom staff could point to a sale of the club in the summer, Delph signing the contract did not make sense unless there is something going on behind the scenes he is aware of, I reckon that we will not see him sacked but he may receive some assistance till the end of the season from another manager. I may be completely wrong but none of this makes any sense otherwise.

I dont get the hate with Sherwood, good record and a great motivator which is what we are lacking

He's a **** idiot.
Why?
I too want to know why he's an idiot. Other than him being a Spurs man, a cockney and therefore seeming like Harry mk2, why is he so hated?

Whilst we're in touching distance of safety Lerner isn't going to sack him. I think in the coming days the club will release a statement which will esentially be a vote of confidence. Don't be surprised to see Randy jetting in soon too, to give the players a pep talk it's something he often does when things are looking hairy.

I'm still trying to work out hours later whether there was any irony in your post.

If he doesn't go at this point, i'm not sure what would have to happen for him to be sacked.

We're now in the relegation zone. We're on track for the least amount of goals in Premier League history. We've score 1 goal in 8 games. We've won 2 games in 21.

What else has to happen? How much further do we have to sink? Even if you think Lambert is fine tactically, the club and players need the fresh blood and enthusiasm of a new manager. Change for change's sake might be what saves our Premier League status.

I dont get the hate with Sherwood, good record and a great motivator which is what we are lacking

He's a **** idiot.
Why?
I too want to know why he's an idiot. Other than him being a Spurs man, a cockney and therefore seeming like Harry mk2, why is he so hated?

I think for someone who has very little managerial experience he is incredibly arrogant and also loves the sounds of his own voice.

The pay out is minimal compared with going down, the loss of money when we sell our players.

The more I think about it the more I believe he will not be sacked, I get the feeling there is more going on behind the scenes than we realise, I think PLs contract was his pay off and thanks from RL. The fact we only had RK temporarily and have not employed any backroom staff could point to a sale of the club in the summer, Delph signing the contract did not make sense unless there is something going on behind the scenes he is aware of, I reckon that we will not see him sacked but he may receive some assistance till the end of the season from another manager. I may be completely wrong but none of this makes any sense otherwise.

Exactly - £65m minimum against say £4m maximum to dump Lambert. I know how I would bet but this is our buffoon of an owner we are talking about.

Paul Lambert desperately needs some help, but his stubbornness is driving us towards relegation.

Norwich fans said it was Culverhouse that did the setting up of the team, not Lambert.

Though he should be sacked, he won't be. The next best thing is getting in some one experienced next to him on the bench.

That being said, I don't think Lambert likes hearing the truth. Part of the reason Keane went imo. 

He's a **** idiot.
Why?

I think for someone who has very little managerial experience he is incredibly arrogant and also loves the sounds of his own voice.

That wouldn't bother me one bit.

I doubt anything he could say would annoy me more than Lambert saying we were excellent and we go again or telling us our expectations are unrealistic.

Â