Paul Lambert

limpid

No one knows the answers, they only suspect.....by way of opinions.

If paul lambert and randy Lerner find success at b6.......we will be begging them to stay.

It's all about winning and success.

We have been doom and gloom for far to long.

I don't know if if it's been mentioned, as I rarely keep up with this thread, but the Sky Sports newspaper section says that Lambert wants to completely overhaul our scouting network (again).

Someone on another forum seems to think that some backroom staff who lost their job when Lambert first came to the club, will be returning. Don't know how they'd know that but seems like a strange thing to make up. Said they's been re-employed from a top four club.

By backroom staff I guess that could mean anything though but maybe has something to do with the reports about overhauling the scouting network.

Paul Montgomery, Glenn Roeder and Arthur Numan are the ones that left Villa when Lambert came in. Last time I knew, Roeder was at Millwall although not sure if he still is. Montgomery is now at Anzhi Makhachkala I believe, whilst Arthur Numan is working part-time with AZ Alkmaar. 

Montgomery came with McLeish from SHA but they've evidently parted ways now. Interestingly I'd assume that when McLeish said he had scouted Benteke before he joined us via Lambert, Montgomery would have been the scout who would have done it. He also says he scouted Lewandowski for SHA and Drogba for West Ham (before Chelsea).

Edited by samjp26

Give him real money he'll be a legend for us, if he wants to stay

He'll be patient with it too. If he gets a long term contract extension he knows slow gains and solid leage positions in the top 10 are what is needed. All we Villa fans want from the next 5 years is top 8 finishes, derby wins, few wins over the big teams and a cup run or two. Plus some good football and good home record would be a bonus.

I want a trophy to be honest. Been far too long and i'd like to win FA cup, call me selfish but it's the one big one ive always wanted us to win and never seen us win

You aren't the only one.

Â