Paul Lambert

limpid

Whilst I'm not defending lambert here, Taylor is employed by the club in an ambassadorial capacity. His personal thoughts shouldn't be divulged if it goes against 'company policy'.

The club is in enough turmoil and will need all employees to toe the party line, no matter whether they agree with it or not.

If another ex-player slated the club, it wouldn't matter but whatever's been said by Taylor (which is unclear) shouldn't have been made publically.

A lot of journos and unfortunately fans, seem to revel at the turmoil we're currently in. The less negativity aimed at our club, the better.

This could've been handled better by all parties involved...

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

Thou shalt not criticise Lambert

he is manager of a football club in a mess and is trying to keep unity and one for all . Why shouldn't he exclude things he sees as negative. I like Ian a lot . I've spoken to him a few times, but he is in the wrong here. As a fan you can say what you want , as an employee you should button it .

Yeah I agree really. He cant have someone on tour with them who he feels might undermine him in front of the players. But it does seem that Lambert doesn't forgive and forget when it comes to criticism. He seems a bit precious about that imo. 

he is manager of a football club in a mess and is trying to keep unity and one for all . Why shouldn't he exclude things he sees as negative. I like Ian a lot . I've spoken to him a few times, but he is in the wrong here. As a fan you can say what you want , as an employee you should button it .

Agree with this totally.

He cannot allow himself to be undermined by an employee.

• Like 1

Even if Taylor has been casted out, it's embarrassing that the next best option we have is Lee **** Hendrie. Made a career out of being a young lad with "potential".

Lee Hendrie loves the club though. It does not matter about his status or what he has achieved (or not) with us.

• Like 1

Trouble is, the foolishness of Lambert's actions here is that he has drawn attention to the negativity and spread word about it to a much wider audience - including me, for example - who had never heard Taylor's criticisms. I'm off now to look up on the interweb EXACTLY what Tayls said.

He also runs the risk of appearing petulant, defensive and a bit paranoid.

Also, sorry, the final blow for me, anyone who considers Lee Hendrie to be a better "ambassador" for Aston Villa than Ian Taylor is a bit of a fool. Hope Lambert doesn't have any daughters aged about 17-20.  If so, he should lock them up!

I'm unclear why people are even still talking about this given Hendrie has seemingly said it's not true. Unless people think Hendrie isn't allowed to speak freely but then of that was the case then Taylor wouldn't have been critical in the first place.

Utter cobblers of a story based on guesswork and hearsay which even when denied by one of those involved is lapped up because it's another stick to hit Lambert with.

• Like 4

Â