Paul Lambert

limpid

If we're to get new owners I'm wondering who would sack him? Randy or the new guys.

Last time the manager was removed by the previous regime, so that Randy Lerner could start with 'his man'

Same will go with the next takeover, I think.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert has got something in his contract that says if he doesn't reach a certain amount of points then he'll get less compensation if Randy choses to sack him. And that might be another reason he won't go before the seasons ended.

Edited by useless

I have always backed the current manager at villa cause the budget he has been given is a joke but I think he is a dead man walking now as the majority of the fans have turned on him I would be hard to get them back on side whatever he does

Hasn't he had a net spend of over £20m per season? That's more than enough not to be in a relegation battle.
20 million is nothing other than Newcastle and Stoke no one spent less this season

How much did Sheffield United spend?

I agree that's shocking and not acceptable but that has happened other teams like too look at Wigan against man city don't be comparing league one budgets with a prem league one

Yesterday really was the final straw for me. I thought it was the Palace game, but the point against Sunderland and change of backroom staff made me want to just wait and see if things would be any different. I didn't get to watch the Swansea game because I was travelling, but another heavy defeat in a game that was one of our last chances of picking up any points this season, the man has to go. I just can't see us having a future with Lambert at the helm. No other manager would have gotten away with what he has; it's absolutely atrocious. I can (just about) understand seeing the season out with him, but for me, he has to be gone come mid May, especially if the rumoured take over happens. It comes to something when we see a game against Hull as a 'cup final' and the majority of us would see it as a miracle to get 3 points from it. We've fallen so far the past few years and we just seem to be sinking deeper. The whole club needs a big change, start fresh with new owners and a new manager.

I think personally if we do get a result next week or in our last 2 games to keep us up it will be through passion and grit from players and fans, not lambert. That is in itself reason enough to sack him now. As someone else mentioned, if he did get sacked i think we would definitely see the passion and grit we need. Lambert inspires no one.

I have the feeling there is an agenda amongst the players similar to the the Dol scenario.

I think it is down to a lack of quality and confidence. Lambert is nothing like DOL.

we started this confidence crises on the back of a win against Chelsea :wub:

ps I said i have a suspicion the agenda is similar not the characters.

Edited by TRO

Does anyone think the atmosphere will be worse than the mcleish Bolton game , if we lose to hull ?

I was there that day and it was not nice.

I think if we go behind it could get just as bad if not worse. Especially if results are against us. Last home game for people to vent and all that.

I know the Bolton situation was a nasty one, but I still don't know what really went happened there... Can someone describe it in full detail as to what was chanted done etc etc....

Edited by Tayls

I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert has got something in his contract that says if he doesn't reach a certain amount of points then he'll get less compensation if Randy choses to sack him. And that might be another reason he won't go before the seasons ended.

He's only got 1 year left and he cant be getting paid a silly amount anyway, wouldnt be massively costly for Lerner to sack him now. Especially since his staff are probably going to be sacked after the "investigation" anyway.

Does anyone think the atmosphere will be worse than the mcleish Bolton game , if we lose to hull ?

I was there that day and it was not nice.

Yes, it almost certainly will.

Â