The next five games

Morley_crosses_to_Withe

If I was to bet on any of the games, I'd have us down as losing them all.

Thankfully (and according to my general betting record), football doesn't work quite like that.  I think we'll get either 1 or 3 points, and that will be a draw or win against one of the teams and 4 losses from the others.

I think I'd have taken 8 points from our first 8 too.

Edited by bobzy

Bad run of games but I can see Sanchez starting most with a very defensive looking side.

Benteke (hopefully) coming back after the international break will be huge. If we stay strong defensively and let tekkers poach a few, we might get a few cheeky results.

Bad run of games but I can see Sanchez starting most with a very defensive looking side.

Benteke (hopefully) coming back after the international break will be huge. If we stay strong defensively and let tekkers poach a few, we might get a few cheeky results.

Yep. It's how I see it. Lambert have some more options this season, we can only benefit from it :)

Gotta say, I don't think Sanchez looked ready to start, at least the next game. 

I don't expect much from it and think we'll maybe get 2 or 3 points. The only think I hope doesn't happen is that we end up getting a few heavy defeats and lose confidence.

We need to come out of these games ready to get back to winning ways

We have our cushion now so points from these games are a bit of a bonus for me. Five points would be very very nice, anything more would be top 6 form and anything less would be what most of us would have been expecting before a ball was kicked this season. 15 it is then!

Way Arsenal played yesterday I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility we could nick a win, just imagine we're playing at the Emirates and counter attack them to death. Could also nick a point off City.

Weird I feel more positive about the home games than away. Can't see anthing at Liverpool or Chelsea this year. Balotelli's bound to score a couple v us on his home debut.

Edited by VillaChris

If we don't lose 1 of these games that'll be fine. 8 from 8 puts us in a great position to push on with all the horror games out the way for the first half of the season. Any more is brilliant, anything from 4-7 points would be amazing.

More than 7 points and it's official panic button time because we'll be a bit too good. Sky Sports and the BBC will be in panic mode. Some will start to take the title chase seriously.

I expect us to either a) continue the unbeaten run well into November or B) require all of Anusol in the West Midlands to sooth our tortured arseholes from the constant bumming we are about to recieve.

Something in the middle would be ok too.

I am very happy with our start in the league, and the points already on the board. I would normally say we probably would lose most of those games, but over the last couple of season we seem to do the opposite of what is expected. However, I think the fact that these games come one after the other is going to take it's toll on us. Our players are going to be more and more exhausted mentally and physically after each game. It is going to be a case of how quickly we can recover if things take a turn for the worse. Hopefully we will get off to a decent start and momentum will carry us through. I hope for 4-5 points from those matches if we can get a win in one of them, but wouldn't be suprised to see us struggle and get 0-2 points and our optimism quickly disolve.

As long as we're into double figures, point wise, after the next 5 games, we'll be alright.

Fancy us to play well and lose, play well and win and draw 1.

It's early in the season and our good form will make us perform well in 1/2 of the games anyway.  If we get something then it's good.  It's if we start these 5 games poorly we could start to see a slippery slope.

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal might struggle with our physicality and compactness, City do have a problem with complacency and Everton's defense is suddenly looking like Wigan's. There are points to be gotten against each of those teams with luck on our side.

We may be a bogey team for Mourinho, but against Chelsea I'd be satisfied with preserving our goal difference. Fabregas and Costa are just tearing teams apart. So long as we get out of this with our goal difference intact, can't be too unhappy about this one.

Edited by LordSepulchrave

Â