The next five games

Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Low scoring defeats against Chelsea and City can be considered results as far as I'm concerned. If the table is anywhere near as tight as last season goal difference could be a big deal for us, especially if we can keep clean sheets against the bottom teams.

Got some decent results last year against the big boys, and we've got a better squad this year. I don't think we'll win every game, but I think we'll do better than many, certainly some parts of the media, expect.

I reckon:

Liverpool - narrow loss, they have played very well so far

Arsenal - win, I reckon we can shut them out and get a cheeky goal, maybe a 1-0.

Chelsea - loss, very good side, defensively a bit shaky but can't argue with the attack, costa is frightening

Man City - draw, good side but have some chinks in heir armour, I think we'll draw

Everton - win, they're good, and Martinez is a clever manager, but I've just got a good feeling about this one.

If we got 7 points I'd be thrilled with that!

I think everyone said before the season that the opening three games were vital, heading into this run of difficult fixtures. The nightmare scenario was 3 points or less, and then having poor form and no confidence heading into these games. Instead, we've played generally very well, and have gained an excellent 7 points, which is a great start to the season. The huge advantage of it is that the pressure is effectively off these next 5 games. 

On paper, we could well lose all of them, but being an optimist, we should be able to spring a surprise or two. As I write this, Arsenal have drawn 1-1 with Leicester despite having 24 shots on goal. If we organise well, we can trip someone up. However, I really hope fans aren't getting on Lambert's back if the results don't go our way. We've clearly improved this summer - much more than I realised, to be fair - so we shouldn't be getting angry with a few zero pointers. Performances matter more than results, by and large, and my main concern is that we don't destroy our goal difference and our defensive confidence. In some of these games last year, we were conceding 2,3,4 goals. Improving on that is good enough for me. 

• Like 2

Great record at Anfield last few games, see no reason why we can't get something there. Anything could happen in the others I guess but really can't see us getting anything at Chelsea the way they are playing at the moment.

Aside from the horrific 8 nil we've actually done alright at Stamford Bridge in recent years and we've always been a bit of a bogey team for Mourinho so not impossible we could nick something there if we defend well.

Agree totally with the above*.Short of another 8-0, anyone criticising the manager/team for losing those games is on another planet. The real test is how we do against the rest, and the evidence so far is fairly encouraging.

*Hanoi's post.

Edited by B94villa

How many of us predicated 7 points from 9? I certainly did not. But it's a great platform to build from. Yes, the goal was sloppy, but we looked very comfortable for a vast majority of that game.

We had an excellent record last season against the big boys. We can play without fear and build on our solid defensive foundations. Think we might have crumpled last season with Clark/Baker/Bertrand/Lowton in defence. We have more steel this season.

I can see us picking up a win and the odd draw, in all honesty.

I predicted 7 points from the first 3 games but I must admit I predicted a draw at Stoke and a victory at home to Newcastle but the end result is the same.

3 points from this run will be ok, as mentioned that means 10 points from 8 games after playing 5 of the best teams in the league. 

Any more than that is a bonus IMO. If we come through it without being on the end of a caning as well, then we could go on a bit of a run after these next 5 and be solidly placed in the league.

1 point from this games will put us with 8 points from 8 games. That is form from the last two seasons. The good thing is that Benteke and Kozak should be back when our fixtures becomes a little easier. 

Hope for at least one surprise win.

1 point from this games will put us with 8 points from 8 games. That is form from the last two seasons. The good thing is that Benteke and Kozak should be back when our fixtures becomes a little easier. 

Hope for at least one surprise win.

my bet would be against liverpool or arsenal

Â