The next five games

Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Theres certainly no reason why we should'nt be winning some of these games now. The physical differences to last year are there for all to see and the mental attitude amongst the whole team seems markedly improved. I hope we go into these next few games with a positive mindset because, as the likes of Benteke get more gametime, we are more than capable of beating those around us..

• 2 weeks later...

If we can pick up 2-3 points I will be more than happy.

I suppose I've got to be happy, but the capitulation in the last 4 games is very worrying. I will asses what I think in a few weeks, I'm worried atm.

I wanted 4 points, we got 3. I think what's worrying is that we seemingly went into these 5 games to not embarrass ourselves rather than to try and get something from them. I understand that approach against Man City and Chelsea but against Everton its inexcusable.

• Like 1

I think most of us would have taken 3 points from those 5 games and would have been expecting less than that before a ball was kicked this season. The test is now the coming few games where we will not start each of them as underdogs and we need to get some points on the board from them to stop the slide down the table.   

I think most of us would have taken 3 points from those 5 games and would have been expecting less than that before a ball was kicked this season. The test is now the coming few games where we will not start each of them as underdogs and we need to get some points on the board from them to stop the slide down the table.   

On the contrary, even to be charitable, we will start 3 of the next 4 as considerable outsiders. You'd only put us as marginal favourites in the QPR game. 

You can lose, even by multiple goals each time, and not look lost and anemic. Points aren't the lone indicator. Edited by 479Villan

Well looking ahead the next 10/12 games are the infamous so called winable games.

Anything less than 15 points from the said 36 available then we really could be in the brown and smelly stuff.

Looking at QPR, we could have real trouble next week.

If both teams play like they did this weekend, we'll lose. This is a huge game coming up for Lambert. With us outsiders in the following three as well, we could well be in deep trouble if we don't get a win next week. 

If both teams play like they did this weekend, we'll lose. This is a huge game coming up for Lambert. With us outsiders in the following three as well, we could well be in deep trouble if we don't get a win next week.

Agree. Yet another must win, yet again it's early in the season. Bored of it now.

• Like 1

Yes its an even bigger game for QPR. They will target this as one they have to win. 

I think our forward players will have joy against QPR even with our usual plodding style. Rio, Caulker, Dunne, not a lot of pace there is there.

This game sets the tone for the next 6 weeks imo. Would be a disaster to lose and would be long winter. Win and suddenly the league table won't look so bad, we're still only 3 points off West Ham in 4th so it's not disaster stations yet.

The points return isn't the worrying thing about the last few games it's the performances.

I think Man City aside, they haven't been good enough, despite the quality of the opposition.

But as you say, that will be forgiven if we go on and get wins against the lesser teams. It's a big IF though

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â