The next five games

Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Arsenal haven't really got going yet, one win and three draws. I reckon we could mug them just like we did with Liverpool. There's a lot more manpower in the team this year to cope with pressure.

Chelsea I get the feeling will hit us with a few goals unless Costa goes off form or gets injured. I don't think the way Senderos knocked Belotelli will work on Costa, he's less likely to sulk and more likely to give what he gets.

Man City will be tough as we're the home team, Stoke beat them with a smash and grab but I don't think those tactics work as well as a home side. Stranger things have happened and we do seem to pull the odd result against them.

Everton are there for the taking as far as I'm concerned. They have a busy fixture list, although they do have their first week off in a while before us. The run of competitions will increase risk to fatigue/injuries and I don't think their squad has enough depth to really trouble us if they lose a key player.

I'd happily take a few points from this run, any more wins and I'll be delighted.

I thought to myself before the Liverpool game that I would be delighted with 4 points from the 4 games against last seasons Top 4 (that's a lot of 4's!), and I will stand by that despite the win at Anfield on Saturday. I think this Saturday's match is our opportunity for a point as I can't see us taking anything but an asskicking against Chelsea and City. If we can play as we did at the weekend, who knows we could bag all 3 points against Arsenal.

That said, 10 points after 8 games would be a good return considering the fixtures, and we will hopefully have Benteke back by then. I know a lot of us, myself included, feared we could be bottom after 8 games, so our start to the season has been a nice surprise.

Edited by Woody1000

"I'm still counting to 40 points no matter what." I do the same CannockVillan & Villa89. But if we did happen to get those 40 points before the end of December can we agree to up our target to 80 by the end of the season? :)  

• Like 2

Â