The next five games

Morley_crosses_to_Withe

We may be a bogey team for Mourinho, but against Chelsea I'd be satisfied with preserving out goal difference. Fabregas and Costa are just tearing teams apart. So long as we get out of this with our goal difference intact, can't be too unhappy about this one.

Nail on the head about the Chelsea game, preserving our goal difference or grabbing a draw is the best we can hope for the way they're playing at the moment.

I can however see us picking a point, maybe even three against Arsenal. Physically we will beat them no doubt, along with the discipline in our play currently I think we can soak most pressure they throw at us. We just have to get it tactically correct on the day I think, gonna be a tight one though.

Probably the main thing for the Arsenal game is to just visualise we're playing at the Emirates!

We'll get chances against them...but I worry with them on the counter attack and us leaving spaces when we attack. Likes of Sanchez in one on ones v our defence might be an issue particularly if Vlaar is still out.

for me any points out of the next 3 are bonus points. being on 10 points after 8 games, and if we avoid a cricket score (which to be fair does not look on the cards) I think most people wold have bitten your hand of for before the season started. 

we might get another couple of points though in the next 4 games, which would be way more than most of us were hoping for. if we can beat the toffees and pick up a couple of draws we'll have 15 points from the first 8 games after playing all of last season's top 5. That would be an unbelievable achievement when you consider just how money has been spent by the other clubs in the league and the sort of stuff that was getting written about us before the season started.

• Like 2

We've got one unexpected (by me anyway) result out of these games.  I think a draw will probably be our only remaining result out of the next 4, but I'm very pleased.

I just hope if we do get a bit of a tonking, all of us fans just stay with the team and get behind them at home! :)

Saying that, have have beaten these teams before it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility to do it again!

Probably the main thing for the Arsenal game is to just visualise we're playing at the Emirates!

We'll get chances against them...but I worry with them on the counter attack and us leaving spaces when we attack. Likes of Sanchez in one on ones v our defence might be an issue particularly if Vlaar is still out.

I think the main problem will be our desire to sit back and let teams attack us, we did get lucky playing Lplop, they really should have scored and I remember 2 seasons ago screaming at the TV as Arsenal had constant free passes for the last 25 minutes as we sat back and let them come at us. A ridiculous thing to do against a Wenger team.

I worry that doing this, we even do it with smaller teams, will hinder any serious charge for top 8/10, but it's a new season and so far every game has been managed well, with a strong defence at least we can actually defend properly if the midfield sits only 5 yards ahead of them.

I still feel like we'll lose the next 3, despite our good start.

But if that happens, it doesn't really matter. We've done well enough so far to allow for a disappointing run of results. We need to make sure that if it does happen we don't let it affect us and we go out and win that QPR game to turn it around!

Whenever the season starts I've always wanted us to be the team that surprised everyone and go on that amazing run.  Hopefully, this year we are that team...only to naturally tail off like Southampton and Newcastle of previous years, but I will be content with that kind of start with Tekkers, Kozak, Okore and Vlaar all to return

Saturdays result just shows that you never know what's going to happen. Arsenal at home is always tight Chelsea can be anything we seem to do ok against Man City at home and do better at Everton than we do at VP so we could lose all 3 easily but then again we could win a couple. Playing Arsenal at home to go top after 5 games is very surprising. Could Beneteke make the bench? For the first time in a long time we have options in the squad and can look at games thinking about the top end of the table rather than counting down from 40 pts. It's still early but IF we get a good result against Arsenal we could get a head of steam up for the season. I think we'll get 4 pts min where from? Who knows!

Was thinking about what'd be the best worst case scenario from the rest of this nightmare run and I reckon if we can come out of it with a positive or nil goal difference we'll have done brilliantly

*edit*

By that I mean in the table overall, not from those 4 games

Edited by P3te

Â