Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Steve Bruce has confirmed that Hull have put a bid in apparently, wouldn't surprise me if he went there instead

That won't happen, us or Everton.

Everton hardly need him and couldn't see him walking into that side like he would ours, even though I don't agree with it but he would if we splashed a lot of cash on him.

Steve Bruce has confirmed that Hull have put a bid in apparently, wouldn't surprise me if he went there instead

Everton hardly need him and couldn't see him walking into that side like he would ours, even though I don't agree with it but he would if we splashed a lot of cash on him.

That might factor into his thinking a little but his ego probably tells him he could earn a starting place, and perhaps he could. Everton are a much better proposition in every aspect right now than we are. If I was a footballer and not a Villa fan, I know which team I'd be more keen to join.

That might factor into his thinking a little but his ego probably tells him he could earn a starting place, and perhaps he could. Everton are a much better proposition in every aspect right now than we are. If I was a footballer and not a Villa fan, I know which team I'd be more keen to join.

It depends on what Lambert, Keane and Lerner are putting on the table with regards our ambition. The potential of a takeover and being part of the rebuilding of a 'sleeping giant' could sway him. If all we can say is that we're happy to be mid-table then Everton would be a much better idea.

I have serious doubts that he'd choose Hull over us. There is a good chance hey won't be in the league next season, they're a significantly smaller club and I see no evidence that their wage bill is any bigger than ours. We have clearly been given an indication of what Cleverley wants wage wise and we are ok with that hence we lodged a bid.

Evertons 1st choice midfield will be Barkley, Barry and McCarthy, can't see Cleverley displacing any of them tbh.

Hull, might be more ambitious than us atm, but i would be amazed if someone picked them over us atm.

Remember when Holland picked Charlton over us?.....what did he do?

Going by the reports, it sounds like he'll go to whoever offers more money. I don't think there is any real difference between us and Hull in terms of where both clubs are at.

That and he'd have to live in or around Hull... ;)

If there's a takeover on the cards and the new owner has big plans then of course that will factor in too, I'm just not certain there is. I think Randy realises there's not much interest and he is going to have to speculate to accumulate over the next few years to get us in a better position which will make us a more attractive proposition. Of course, I could be wrong.

I think it'll come down to:

Wages - Which I would think Hull and Everton could offer more than we could

Current status and position - Everton would obviously lead the line by some way with that one with us and Hull tied though perhaps we have the advantage concerning our history

Position in the squad - He'd be a starter for us and probably play in a more attacking role, so if that's his preference then we're ideal. He'd probably be a starter for Hull and play in a similar position too, Everton he'd be rotated a lot more and could play anywhere in their midfield, so Villa and Hull probably have a slight edge over Everton there.

Potential of European football and cups - Everton beat us and Hull hands down. Us and Hull are probably even-stevens given our similar league table position, though Hull are probably a better bet for the cup competitions.

Location - I'd say we are probably in last position here. Everton are perhaps edging it as, for some unknown reason to me, Liverpool seems to be deemed a decent city with some nice areas and they're also closer to Manchester. He grew up in Bradford so he could have an affection for the area and family there, so Hull might not be as much of a turn off for him as it could be for other players.

Going by the reports, it sounds like he'll go to whoever offers more money. I don't think there is any real difference between us and Hull in terms of where both clubs are at.

What reports are they then?

I've not seen any direct quotes attributed to him yet, may have missed them though admittedly

What reports are they then?

I've not seen any direct quotes attributed to him yet, may have missed them though admittedly

Just the reports in the Mirror and Express that say that his wage demands may be a stumbling block. Also the Mirror claimed that he'd rather a loan move so that he could get a lucrative deal on a bosman next summer.

I have serious doubts that he'd choose Hull over us. There is a good chance hey won't be in the league next season, they're a significantly smaller club and I see no evidence that their wage bill is any bigger than ours. We have clearly been given an indication of what Cleverley wants wage wise and we are ok with that hence we lodged a bid.

Exactly. Anyone thinking Hull are a bigger/more attractive club needs to have a word with themselves, seriously.

• Like 2

Guzan

Hutton--Senderos--Vlaar--Cissokho

The Rock

Cleverley--Westwood--Delph

Kozak--Benteke

Solid team that will have goals in it and should be solid in defence also.  We would also have great options on the bench and could switch to a number of different formations to suit whichever way a game is panning out

Guzan

The Rock

Cleverley--Westwood--Delph

Kozak--Benteke

Solid team that will have goals in it and should be solid in defence also.  We would also have great options on the bench and could switch to a number of different formations to suit whichever way a game is panning out

Just no width whatsoever. When you've got Kozak and Benteke up front surely you want to be whipping crosses into them?

Personally I'd try this.... 

Guzan

The Rock --Delph

Nzogbia       Cleverley         Someone            

Benteke

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Cleverley would certainly improve our team IMO. I dont think the 7/8 mil fee is correct. I would guess that its closer to 5 mil. At that price he would be a bargain given his PL experience. The signing of Cleverley and a wide player would see us sitting comfortably mid table in my opinion. Moreover, the bench would look stronger than it has been for years. Slow progress, yes, but welcome progress after 3 worrying, relegation battled years.

• Like 1

Â