Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Absolutely detest a formation without width.

Especially one with benteke leading the line.

Agreed - no wonder we score so few goals.

And no wonder we struggle at home in one of - if not the - biggest pitches in the Premier League.

This shit needs to die, I don't know where this comes from. It may have been true at one point but it hasn't been for many years.

We have the 12th largest pitch this season.

I just can't see why a player like cleverley would come to a relegation battling team up for sale with a manager in his last year of a contract.

Nice to see you've already given up on our hopes of anything other than a relegation battle.

Wasn't talking about this year. But that's the clubs we've been for the past few.

I just can't see why a player like cleverley would come to a relegation battling team up for sale with a manager in his last year of a contract.

Nice to see you've already given up on our hopes of anything other than a relegation battle.

Wasn't talking about this year. But that's the clubs we've been for the past few.

Ok, well maybe he doesn't see us as a relegation candidate. Maybe he sees potential in us which is undoubtedly there.

There's only potential if we're taken over. Otherwise we're a team aiming for survival and may get a midtable finish.

Not a chance. If this team can get midtable and get all our players back from injury then we can push on regardless of a takeover. Obviously a takeover makes it easier, if the new owners plan on splashing out, but we can improve without it.

This shit needs to die, I don't know where this comes from. It may have been true at one point but it hasn't been for many years.

We have the 12th largest pitch this season.

Slightly OT, but we are talking pitch size, not grass size.

On your list, Hull stadium has the 2nd biggest. Turns out the pitch is the same size as ours: 105m X 68m

KC Stadium facts

Villa Park wiki

Regardless of pitch size, we need to play with width.

I'd rather have average wingers on the pitch than that painful diamond formation which is just an excuse to shoehorn people into a starting XI.

I don't think we'll be playing it any time soon, mind.

Yeah John, you shouldn't be so critical - you're starting to sound exactly like another guy we had on here who was always glum and horridly negative. We've got a decent enough squad with a solid first team spine (when Benteke returns) so perhaps Cleverley thinks he'll enhance us further.

Well I disagree. I don't think there's much chance of us pushing on while the club is up for sale and I don't see how we sell the idea to players like cleverley.

Guess we will have a better idea on Tuesday won't we.

I think we'll get him. I think a takeover will happen soon enough.

Yeah John, you shouldn't be so critical - you're starting to sound exactly like another guy we had on here who was always glum and horridly negative. We've got a decent enough squad with a solid first team spine (when Benteke returns) so perhaps Cleverley thinks he'll enhance us further.

Hang on, I think you're reading what you want.

I've said

1) cleverley would be an excellent signing

2) we will sign him

3) I think it means a takeover is happening.

I'm not sure how more positive I could be about this.

I've said

2) we will sign him

You could have said that we are going to win the league. Negative bastard.

;)

• Like 3

4. All of the above is defo negative!

I don't think its negative I think its pretty realistic. I don't think good players leave clubs like Manchester united, turn down other clubs to join a club whose future is completely unsure due to it being up for sale. What's negative about it?

I've said

2) we will sign him

You could have said that we are going to win the league. Negative bastard.

;)

Yeah it looks like I need to.

I think he will do well for us,  on reflection.  Good signing.  

Ha I hope you're sure of this because that's a couple of times now that you have indicated that it's a done deal.  We are probably holding off announcing it til tomorrow to give us Villa fans a decent transfer deadline day.

Â