Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Guzan

Hutton--Senderos--Vlaar--Cissokho

The Rock

Cleverley--Westwood--Delph

Kozak--Benteke

Solid team that will have goals in it and should be solid in defence also.  We would also have great options on the bench and could switch to a number of different formations to suit whichever way a game is panning out

Just no width whatsoever. When you've got Kozak and Benteke up front surely you want to be whipping crosses into them?

Personally I'd try this.... 

Guzan

The Rock --Delph

Nzogbia       Cleverley         Someone            

Benteke

If we sign a winger that is actually decent at doing what wingers are supposed to do then I might change it around.  Hutton and Cissokho have shown enough going forward to suggest that they will provide the width in my team, the midfield can sit deep or push up depending on what way the game is going. If Grealish makes the step up this year then I would find a place for him in the starting 11 also.

• Like 1

For me

Guzan

Hutton   Vlaar   Senderos   Aly

Sanchez      

Cleverley       Delph

New forward                  Grealish/new player

CB/Kozak

Guzan

Hutton   Vlaar   Senderos   Aly

Sanchez      

Cleverley       Delph

Zog                        Grealish

Benteke

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Senderos Aly

Sanchez

Cleverley Delph

Zog Grealish

Benteke

If this were to happen, considering where we were at the start of this window then any villa fan turning his or her nose up at that needs their head examined. On paper that's comfortably the best starting XI in the lower half.

On paper.

• Like 2

This one will be decided on Monday Imo.

I'm 50/50 on whether this one will be completed.

Based on reading bits here there and everywhere - I reckon its if Everton firm up there interest - I think we would get the nod over Hull ..but not Everton

• Like 1

This one will be decided on Monday Imo.

I'm 50/50 on whether this one will be completed.

Based on reading bits here there and everywhere - I reckon its if Everton firm up there interest - I think we would get the nod over Hull ..but not Everton

I guess it depends whether almost certain first team football means anything to him. He'd do well to get into Everton's starting eleven.

• Like 1

Aston Villa's £7m move for Manchester United's Tom Cleverley could collapse because they can't afford his wages. (Source: Daily Express)

must be rock solid news: it's a tweet of a newspaper article.....

(just seen this already posted)

Edited by chrisp65

Aston Villa's £7m move for Manchester United's Tom Cleverley could collapse because they can't afford his wages. (Source: Daily Express)

must be rock solid news: it's a tweet of a newspaper article.....

Assuming anyone would describe the Express as a NEWSpaper of course 

Guzan

The Rock

Cleverley--Westwood--Delph

Kozak--Benteke

Solid team that will have goals in it and should be solid in defence also.  We would also have great options on the bench and could switch to a number of different formations to suit whichever way a game is panning out

lack of width in that formation

With or without Cleverly we have the same problems of not having enough to unlock defences. There'll be less pressure than at United for sure, but to ask him to be the key to improving 1 of the worst home sides the Prem has ever seen is unfair on him.

For me, has less ability than Delph (almost irreplaceable for us) and Westwood, who I don't see living up to his potential currently, so wouldn't be averse to seeing him challenged.

Around £15m on Cleverly and Kozak instead of a quality, exciting AM and winger is, on the whole, sickening for me but what can we do...

Edited by terrythevillan

The manager has shown he's got no interest in playing with width, so I wouldn't use lack of it against any proposed formations or lineups here to be fair

The manager has shown he's got no interest in playing with width, so I wouldn't use lack of it against any proposed formations or lineups here to be fair

Which IMO is a stupid decision from the manager.  We need to play with proper width in the team.

Guzan

Sanchez

Cleverley Delph

Zog Grealish

Benteke

If this were to happen, considering where we were at the start of this window then any villa fan turning his or her nose up at that needs their head examined. On paper that's comfortably the best starting XI in the lower half.

On paper.

Seconded.

Guzan

Sanchez

Cleverley Delph

Zog Grealish

Benteke

On paper.

Seconded.

We won't play that team though, it'll be Weimann, Gabby and then fill in the rest.

Â