Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Won't be too dissapointed if this deal collapses tbh, not much of an improvement on Westwood IMO.

I won't be too disappointed either. I'll be glad to get to Monday night/Tuesday morning with RV still with us. Lerner doesn't like swap deals as we saw with the Ireland/Milner deals.

Would settle for keeping hold of Ron & no-one coming in, right now.

I'd prefer that over losing Vlaar and only signing Cleverley.

I won't be too disappointed either. I'll be glad to get to Monday night/Tuesday morning with RV still with us. Lerner doesn't like swap deals as we saw with the Ireland/Milner deals.

I'd prefer that over losing Vlaar and only signing Cleverley.
Want both here. Edited by AVTuco

Won't be too dissapointed if this deal collapses tbh, not much of an improvement on Westwood IMO.

Not much of an improvement? I doubt Westwood would have £8 million bids from various clubs if he was up for sale.

• Like 1

I will be disappointed if we sign no one - personally with Sanchez to do the donkey work, I hoping for a Merson type to get us out of our seats - but Cleverley I feel would be a solid addition - as someone else said in the Petrov mould

Really? How contradictory some Villa fans are! Most spent last season asking why we didnt buy any experienced players. Now Randy as loosened the purse strings a little your saying that you wont be too disappointed not to bring in an experienced PL player that would certainly improve our team!

• Like 2

Westwood and Cleverely are different players and can both play in the same team.

Delph and Sanchez are nailed on starters so I feel to see the creativity playing 4 central midfielders across the pitch.

Really? How contradictory some Villa fans are! Most spent last season asking why we didnt buy any experienced players. Now Randy as loosened the purse strings a little your saying that you wont be too disappointed not to bring in an experienced PL player that would certainly improve our team!

The 8m could be better spent on an attacking midfielders somewhere in this universe.

Hope we get him to be honest, he might not be flashy but he could really be good for us, less pressure, no moronic united fans on his back despite the team and manager failings which aren't his fault really.

For 6-8million it would be about right considering the transfer inflations this window!

Westwood and Cleverely are different players and can both play in the same team.

Delph and Sanchez are nailed on starters so I feel to see the creativity playing 4 central midfielders across the pitch

Not saying we should play all four, just that Cleverley has additional qualities to Westwood and vice versa therefore they can both be played at the same time. Don't think Sanchez is necessarily a nailed on starter either.

Sorry if this has been posted already...(from the Mirror)

Kieran Richardson has urged Tom Cleverley to join him at Aston Villa and insists there is life after Old Trafford.

Manchester United have accepted a £7 million offer for the midfielder from Villa after Louis van Gaal informed Cleverley he was not part of his plans for the new campaign.

Richardson, who left United in 2007 for Sunderland after becoming frustrated with a lack of first-team action, believes the 25-year-old will flourish at the club he joined this summer.

“There comes a point when as a young footballer you just want to play football,” he said.

“When I was at United they had Keane, Giggs, Scholes and Beckham. They were all world-class players and it was difficult trying to get a game ahead of those guys.

“This United team is not as good as it was then, but that feeling of disappointment that comes with not playing is still the same.

“If he does come to Villa, it’s a great club that’s full of tradition with fantastic supporters and he would be a great signing for the club.

“He might be a bit low on confidence because he’s not played a lot of games lately, but once that returns, his quality will be on display for all to see.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-tom-cleverley-can-4135864#ixzz3BukeQmBM
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

• Like 2

Almost as if the forum is full of members each with their own opinion :P

Joking aside, Cleverly is not the experienced head people were calling for. Personally I wouldn't even put him in the experienced premier league player definition. He's made no more Premier league appearances than the majority of our squad; Baker, Westwood, Clark etc have all made more appearances in the Prem so I'd hazard a guess he'd actually be in the lower end of our team in terms of Premier League experience.

This made me laugh.  They really aren't!

Of course they're different players, they've both got similar qualities but I'd say Cleverley is more mobile and would probably cover more ground than Westwood, Cleverely carries the ball better as well. That's not meant to be a slight on Westwood either just think his game is more about holding it back and reading the game from deeper postion. In fact I think Cleverly has just as much in common with Delph as he as with Westwood. I sort of see him as combination of the two, that's why I think he'd be such a cracking signing as he could deputise for either of them.

Edit: Deputise is probably the wrong word.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Delph and Sanchez are nailed on starters so I feel to see the creativity playing 4 central midfielders across the pitch

Not saying we should play all four, just that Cleverley has additional qualities to Westwood and vice versa therefore they can both be played at the same time. Don't think Sanchez is necessarily a nailed on starter either.

Sanchez is a proper DM finally so I'd say once he gets up to speed he will be a regular starter.

Have to say my hunch is I'd rather have got Ki if given a choice between him and Cleverley especially given the way he's started the season for Swansea.

Â