Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I never rated him for United or England, but then it's clear he's not good enough for that level.

I'm sure he'd be good enough for us though, and would improve us, he has creativity, an eye for a pass, and likes to make runs beyond the striker and get into goal scoring positions (his finishing is the reason he hasn't scored more goals).

Overall, for £8m, I think he'd be a good signing for us. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

The price being touted is in line with current fees in all honesty:

Fer - 8,000,000
Mutch - 6,000,000
Ben Davies - 10,000,000
​Debuchy - 12,000,000
Lovren - 20,000,000
Snodgrass - 6,000,000
Livermore - 8,000,000

Source

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

I'm not sure where the Milner comparison comes from. I thought he was great when he was on loan and the only reason he did not sign for us then was that clown Freddy Shepard pulled the plug on the deal at 11.55pm on deadline day. I was gutted. We then got him a season later and I was made up. I don't recall any fans I knew getting on his case either and he contributed 100% every game and in every position he played including his very last home game (WHU I think).

Back on topic for the money I think Cleverley would be a good signing. He could not nail down a place in a good Man U side but that was more about that side than him. I put no store on what the plastic Man U fans think, their academy players are always rubbish now apparently as they are now always compared to the likes of Giggs, Scholes, etc. They don't rate Young but I would have him back in heartbeat cock though he is. Seemingly unless they are foreign and expensive they are by definition shite.

Cleverley has loads of PL experience and a point to prove. He is a talented footballer who has lost his way. Sign him up I say.

Edited by Harry

I'm not sure where the Milner comparison comes from. I thought he was great when he was on loan and the only reason he did not sign for us then was that clown Freddy Shepard pulled the plug on the deal at 11.55pm on deadline day. I was gutted. We then got him a season later and I was made up. I don't recall any fans I knew getting on his case either and he contributed 100% every game and in every position he played including his very last home game (WHU I think).

Back on topic for the money I think Cleverley would be a good signing. He could not nail down a place in a good Man U side but that was more about that side than him. I put no store on what the plastic Man U fans think, their academy players are always rubbish now apparently as they are now always compared to the likes of Giggs, Scholes, etc. They don't rate Young but I would have him back in heartbeat cock though he is. Seemingly unless they are foreign and expensive they are by definition shite.

Cleverley has loads of PL experience and a point to prove. He is a talented footballer who has lost his way. Sign him up I say.

I always liked Milner but I used to find it annoying when he'd try and cross it and hit the closest defender's arse almost every time. I think Cleverley would be similar in the middle to Milner when he played there for us.

So after getting over the initial surprise at the link with Cleverly I've thought about and would be very happy of we did manage to get Cleverly.

He'd be an improvement on the first team, help us to control games and also fit in well with the rest of players we have. Also think we'd give him the platform to really kick on an improve by being the main man rather a kid as he was at Utd.

He's not going to solve all our problems with regards to breaking teams down but he'd definitely help with those issues.

Bearing in mind earlier in summer it looked like we we're only after frees I'm struggling to see how signing a recent England international could be anything other than exciting.

If we get it will be another step towards safety this year and right now all I care about is not getting relegated before a new owner comes in

If we do get Cleverley who does he replace in the team. It seems to me the most obvious candidate is Westwood.

Any signing should be seen as an addition to the squad rather than an addition to starting 11 in my opinion. Ideally we are still in all cup competitions and can rotate accordingly.

Ideally.

If we do get Cleverley who does he replace in the team. It seems to me the most obvious candidate is Westwood.

Any signing should be seen as an addition to the squad rather than an addition to starting 11 in my opinion. Ideally we are still in all cup competitions and can rotate accordingly.

Ideally.

Not somebody who will be our record signing under Lambert, that has to be someone who easily walks into the starting eleven.

• Like 3

Meeting of minds: Has Keane convinced Cleverley to make the move to Villa Park?

Tom Cleverley is weighing up a £7m switch to Aston Villa following talks with Roy Keane.

Villa have had an offer accepted for the Manchester United midfielder and hope assistant boss Keane, an Old Trafford legend, has persuaded him his future lies at the Midlands club after the pair met in Birmingham on Friday.

Cleverley would have to accept a wage cut to join Villa, which remains a stumbling block, but they hope the lure of guaranteed first-team football can convince the player to make the move before the transfer window shuts on Monday.

Hull have also had an offer accepted, while Everton are yet to firm up their interest with a bud but would be likely to move to the front of the queue should they make a move with Cleverley having previously worked under Toffees boss Roberto Martinez while on loan at Wigan.

A loan would ideally suit Cleverley, 25, as he is a free agent next summer and could thus command a more lucrative deal, yet having been told he is surplus to requirements at Old Trafford by new boss Louis van Gaal, he may decide now is the right time to move on.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tom-cleverley-weighing-up-7million-4131945#ixzz3Boz2MTzg 

Â