Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Everyone's entitled to an opinion so I'll give mine:

You are a bandwagon-ing moron if you think Tom Cleverley is a shit footballer.

Fair enough if that's what you think, I have watched him many times and not once has he stood out for united other than he was usually shit, you might not like my opinion on him but I'm not here to please you, if we sign him I won't be impressed as he is just another hyped up English player who if he was from anywhere else would be worth £3m tops, just my opinion of course, not the first time we have seen over priced English players now is it?

You probably have never watched him but you subscribe to something like the Lad Bible and get your opinions from there.

I'd guess you subscribe to David Icke and get your opinions from there.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion so I'll give mine:

You are a bandwagon-ing moron if you think Tom Cleverley is a shit footballer.

Fair enough if that's what you think, I have watched him many times and not once has he stood out for united other than he was usually shit, you might not like my opinion on him but I'm not here to please you, if we sign him I won't be impressed as he is just another hyped up English player who if he was from anywhere else would be worth £3m tops, just my opinion of course, not the first time we have seen over priced English players now is it?

You probably have never watched him but you subscribe to something like the Lad Bible and get your opinions from there.

Basing this on someone you don't know and have never met? That's a good way to attack a post/poster, a good sign that you have no argument whatsoever when you make no point and just post for the sake of it, well done son. Back to the lad bible with you(whatever that is, your dirty mags at bedtime?)

If we sign Cleverley: 50% of the fanbase "What a waste of money. He's shit. Sack Lambert. Lerner Out. Worst Villa squad ever."

If someone else signs Cleverley: 50% of the fanbase "We can't even compete any more for players like Tom Cleverley. We're a joke. Sack Lambert. Lerner Out. Worst squad ever."

Someone else signs Cleverley and he does well: 50% of the fanbase "What a joke. We've fallen so far we can't attract decent players any more. We're a much bigger club than 'insert name of team that signs him here'. Sack Lambert. Lerner out. We're going down."

Someone else signs Cleverley and he does poorly: 50% of the fanbase "And Lambert wanted to pay £8m for him?! Shows what he knows. He's the worst manager we've ever had. Sack Lambert. Lerner out. We're the relegation favourites."

Well at least those 200% can agree on one thing.... Sack Lambert. Lerner out.

I love how 2 people now have failed to realise that percentages can crossover. There's not 200% of the villa fanbase there, there's not even 100% of it :P

No shit.....I will have to go and ask my 12 year old son to explain this concept to me????

If we sign Cleverley: 50% of the fanbase "What a waste of money. He's shit. Sack Lambert. Lerner Out. Worst Villa squad ever."

If someone else signs Cleverley: 50% of the fanbase "We can't even compete any more for players like Tom Cleverley. We're a joke. Sack Lambert. Lerner Out. Worst squad ever."

Someone else signs Cleverley and he does well: 50% of the fanbase "What a joke. We've fallen so far we can't attract decent players any more. We're a much bigger club than 'insert name of team that signs him here'. Sack Lambert. Lerner out. We're going down."

Someone else signs Cleverley and he does poorly: 50% of the fanbase "And Lambert wanted to pay £8m for him?! Shows what he knows. He's the worst manager we've ever had. Sack Lambert. Lerner out. We're the relegation favourites."

Actually I think everyone would be pissing themselves at the club signing him, just like they would have been with Senderos.

People are laughing about Townsend going for £12m which is MUCH more understandable than £8/9m for Cleverley.

FWIW I hope this happens as he is better than what we've got, and it's Lerner's money that we're spending on him.

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

You know what, I don't actually care what "other fans" think. It doesn't really matter what I think. All that does matter is how he performs.

This is true mate, and if he does sign I will support him.

Edited by Dirtysanchez

You know what, I don't actually care what "other fans" think. It doesn't really matter what I think. All that does matter is how he performs.

This is true mate, and if he does sign I will support him.

What has that got to do with anything?

Actually I think everyone would be pissing themselves at the club signing him, just like they would have been with Senderos.

People are laughing about Townsend going for £12m which is MUCH more understandable than £8/9m for Cleverley.

FWIW I hope this happens as he is better than what we've got, and it's Lerner's money that we're spending on him.

If he can find the form he showed under SAF then he would be an inspired signing? I think it's a positive sign that he has apparently met with Keano!

My view on Cleverley for a while has been that he isn't of the required standard for United or England. Obviously, that doesn't therefore mean he isn't good enough for us. My problem with this is solely down to issue that I don't believe he is the type of midfielder we need right now, mainly in terms of creativity. For that reason I'll continue to not want it to happen. However if it goes through, then I'll give him a chance.

• Like 2

Aston Villa, West Ham and Hull have had bids accepted according to TalkSport. Nothing about Valencia.

So three clubs with vastly experienced managers think this is a good buy at a good price?

Valencia and Napoli are also interested.

No, I am sure some posters on here know better, rather the money stayed in Randy's  bank account.

Aston Villa, West Ham and Hull have had bids accepted according to TalkSport. Nothing about Valencia.

Must be a kick up the arse to other teams when they realise Villa might spank some money on a half decent player.

Expect Leicester, QPR, Sunderland, Burnley and any other crap team to bid.

Oh dear!

The unashamed double-standards from some on here is embarrassing at times.

Where are the double standards? I've already explained what I meant and that my opinion hasn't changed (these posts seem to have been conveniently ignored).

You're right. However, like it or not, fans' opinions/presumptions about new players will likely have an affect on their performance - especially at home. It adds unnecessary pressure.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

People keep saying that we could get better value for money but I can't think of many players as good as Cleverley who we'd get for a smaller fee. Maybe if we took a risk on someone we'd get lucky but we tried that already and it hasn't exactly worked out.

totally agree. that Benteke guy is hopeless 

Benteke wasn't really a risk though, Benteke is a good example of Lambert doing well when he has a decent chunk to spend on an individual player, and I think Cleverley would prove to be a success too.

By risk I meant some of our other midfielders like Sylla, Tonev and and to a certain extent El Ahmadi and Westwood.

Â