Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I thought it was widely accepted we matched Everton's offer.

He wasn't going to stay here no matter what we offered, nor should we have broke the back for him.

Going to cost us a few bob to replace him but I won't shed a tear.

His form during Villa's brief period of competence seemed to suggest that Villa had themselves the beginning a decent midfield spine and so it is disappointing that he chose Everton.

This leaves Villa with slightly more rebuilding to do than I had thought and his decision to leave kind of ruined the hope that Sherwood is a manager players want to play for and Villa the club they want to be.

• Like 1

Assuming Everton and Villa offered identicle packages you'd be hard pressed to choose Villa if you're TC.

I guess he can stay in his current house, shorter commute. Will most likely be playing closer to the top than the bottom of the league. Less uncertainty about the future of Everton than Villa. I don't know about his personal circumstances but assuming he has a GF/Wife and possibly children then its more reason to chose Everton over Villa rather than relocate the whole family.

Its a shame as he's the kind of player we need at this moment in time but can't blame him at all for the choice he's made.

Assuming Everton and Villa offered identicle packages you'd be hard pressed to choose Villa if you're TC.

I guess he can stay in his current house, shorter commute. Will most likely be playing closer to the top than the bottom of the league. Less uncertainty about the future of Everton than Villa. I don't know about his personal circumstances but assuming he has a GF/Wife and possibly children then its more reason to chose Everton over Villa rather than relocate the whole family.

Its a shame as he's the kind of player we need at this moment in time but can't blame him at all for the choice he's made.

He's been up north since he went to Bradford and so choosing Everton would seem logical, all things being equal.

But the fact that his partner was in Towie and his 3-year-old daughter is called Neveah (heaven backwards) suggests his tastes and roots lie in the south. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see various reports in the internet that Tom Cleverley has been the victim of an armed robbery in his own house. The robbing of PL footballers seems to be a common occurence in the North West, does it happen elsewhere and I haven't noticed? It just seems that when I see these stories they are always players from teams in the NW.

Â