Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ozvillafan

Jordan Lyden

Recommended Posts

so my question to Steve Bruce is this......what exactly have these kids got to do to be given a chance.

is the gap that big between first team and under 21..... if so what chance has any of them got of being promoted like , little, Shaw and cowans.

you can say that they have to exhibit the skills to mix it with the men of this league......The seniors don't so what have we got to lose.

The majority of seniors are pussies......put the kids in, we may get some fire in the belly.

ps at least they will fire the crowd up

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 22:00, Grasshopper said:

Yep

deserves a chance

nothing to lose

 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

so my question to Steve Bruce is this......what exactly have these kids got to do to be given a chance.

is the gap that big between first team and under 21..... if so what chance has any of them got of being promoted like , little, Shaw and cowans.

you can say that they have to exhibit the skills to mix it with the men of this league......The seniors don't so what have we got to lose.

The majority of seniors are pussies......put the kids in, we may get some fire in the belly.

ps at least they will fire the crowd up

Agreed, Lyden and/or Ohare might need to be given a chance in place of Whelan maybe?

If they have a mare then put the old head back in.

However definitely nothing to lose, it just might be the tonic we need and an opportunity to further unearth potential gems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion Lyden would do no worse than Whelan and would give Villa more energy in midfield. Can't understand why Bruce won't play him when you consider how the other kids have done.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TRO said:

so my question to Steve Bruce is this......what exactly have these kids got to do to be given a chance.

Yep I think we're defintitely at the point of asking that question now in relation to Lyden.  Now while I'm not in favour of giving opportunities off the back of an impressive display (singular) because the step up in class is massive, this lad is into his second impressive season, and there are only 3 players in the entire U23 league that have scored more goals than him this season and 2 of those are (naturally) strikers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is competing with a high profile, highly paid senior player that was brought in this summer by this manager and who was supposed to be THE answer to our midfield problems.

He'll have to be very impressive to earn his place in the starting 11.

Right or wrong.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sne said:

He is competing with a high profile, highly paid senior player that was brought in this summer by this manager and who was supposed to be THE answer to our midfield problems.

He'll have to be very impressive to earn his place in the starting 11.

Right or wrong.

His problem is actually Onomah.  The age of Whelan & Jedinak should mean Lyden would be getting opportunities under normal circumstances.  But now we're very generously developing Spurs' player for them too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yep I think we're defintitely at the point of asking that question now in relation to Lyden.  Now while I'm not in favour of giving opportunities off the back of an impressive display (singular) because the step up in class is massive, this lad is into his second impressive season, and there are only 3 players in the entire U23 league that have scored more goals than him this season and 2 of those are (naturally) strikers.

And him doing that from playing DM.

deserves a chance.

We need legs in this team of ours.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another who needs a loan, must be last chance to make it as a footballer. Can’t have much left on his contract  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing against football U23s who I am told are a very good youth side and honestly he is streets ahead of this level now, he could play this game half asleep.

Someone get him a loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Playing against football U23s who I am told are a very good youth side and honestly he is streets ahead of this level now, he could play this game half asleep.

Someone get him a loan.

agreed. So calm in the middle of the park. He will be a proper leader some day. Not sure what level he can reach but he will be a decent one if he can stay fit. Definitely needs a loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be suprised if he heads out on loan this week.

Edited by Villan4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2018 at 21:39, Villan4Life said:

Wouldn't be suprised if he heads out on loan this week.

 

When's his contract up? Don't think we shall see him in a Villa Shirt again, but good luck to the guy! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gone to Oldham on loan.  Hallelujah for HIS sake.  Was getting lost in footballing limbo.  Looking forward to seeing him tear it up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

 

When's his contract up? Don't think we shall see him in a Villa Shirt again, but good luck to the guy! 

 

Knew he was going out on loan.  I’ve moved this week to Walsall as a scout from St Mirren but heard some talk about few clubs after him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy for him. I think he is a good player, and if he can prove himself on loan, I hope he can be given a chance here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't look out of place when he was playing for us in the premier league. Very surprised he hasnt been given a chance in the first team at championship level.

It annoys me when Bruce refers to other clubs loan players as being young and need time to develop when they put in poor performances, but wont use our own except for throwing a bunch in all at once in a mish mash side in cup competitions. How come he doesnt use the same logic as his loan youngsters but he just writes off our own players instead. 

In his 3rd season now and when it comes to our youngsters he's only given Grealish a proper chance, I'm not counting Davis as he had no choice but to play him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...
Â