Jordan Lyden

ozvillafan

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Get him with the first team and tell him to stick to Jedinak like glue. I want Lyden to be learning everything he possibly can from Jedinak. 

They can duet together at the Xmas party too - altogether now - tie me kangaroo down sport ;)

any idea why he didnt play in the latest reserve game? Would have been good for his fitness? I hope he didnt get injured again. 

He has been called up to a future socceroos training camp in Spain. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I really like this guy, every time I have seen him play he wants to make an impact, he forces things and shows a real good attitude. I know all of the above should be a given for a pro footballer, but sadly it isn't and this guy has it in spades. I would have him on the bench for the first game I think, and keep him on the match day squad till Jan, see how much game time he gets and then if its not much loan him out. 

Its just a shame we wasted two matches on Veretout instead of giving Lyden a go. 

I know i am bias.. but he really does look a good player in midfield. I remember the youth game when he came back from injury last season.. came on scored.. got an assist and won them the game. 

Same against Shrews.. came on got a pen. He just makes in impact. The latest game he had a nice dummy and got a shot away.. he gets into the box. Dont often see that from our midfielders. 

Probably why Bruce never plays him. 

• Like 2

On 19/07/2017 at 12:16, KSV said:

Its just a shame we wasted two matches on Veretout instead of giving Lyden a go. 

I know i am bias.. but he really does look a good player in midfield. I remember the youth game when he came back from injury last season.. came on scored.. got an assist and won them the game. 

Same against Shrews.. came on got a pen. He just makes in impact. The latest game he had a nice dummy and got a shot away.. he gets into the box. Dont often see that from our midfielders. 

Probably why Bruce never plays him. 

Really? Are we doing this?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Really? Are we doing this?

I see no other reason why he wouldnt get more game time. Probably doesnt like how he isnt disciplined and ventures forward. 

1 minute ago, KSV said:

I see no other reason why he wouldnt get more game time. Probably doesnt like how he isnt disciplined and ventures forward. 

Okay, that sounds more plausible. 'Isn't disciplined' and 'ventures forward' sound like possible reasons a manager wouldn't play a player; 'making an impact' and 'winning penalties' obviously aren't. 

I really do think Bruce has missed a trick here in giving more game time to Lyden in the DM role but there is still time for that in whats left of pre-season. I just hope with the signing of Whelan Bruce doesn't become blinkered in his approach to Lyden and farm him out on loan for the season?

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I really do think Bruce has missed a trick here in giving more game time to Lyden in the DM role but there is still time for that in whats left of pre-season. I just hope with the signing of Whelan Bruce doesn't become blinkered in his approach to Lyden and farm him out on loan for the season?

I hope he does go out on loan - he's had a long injury and needs to get some competitive football- one for the future maybe but not for now .

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I hope he does go out on loan - he's had a long injury and needs to get some competitive football- one for the future maybe but not for now .

For me he is ready now and you could see that in his little cameo in the last game. Tish should be sent out on loan if not sold so Lyden should be retained in the first team squad. I honestly can't see either Whelan nor Jedinak going a full season without a lengthy injury so he would be excellent cover for a few positions as Lyden can play further forward as well. I just think Bruce needs to show the same faith in him as Green but no doubt with the signing of Whelan he will probably be loaned out which I think will be a mistake unless only until say January and able to recall him.  

Â