Jordan Lyden

ozvillafan

so my question to Steve Bruce is this......what exactly have these kids got to do to be given a chance.

is the gap that big between first team and under 21..... if so what chance has any of them got of being promoted like , little, Shaw and cowans.

you can say that they have to exhibit the skills to mix it with the men of this league......The seniors don't so what have we got to lose.

The majority of seniors are pussies......put the kids in, we may get some fire in the belly.

ps at least they will fire the crowd up

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

On 10/17/2017 at 22:00, Grasshopper said:

Yep

deserves a chance

nothing to lose

2 hours ago, TRO said:

so my question to Steve Bruce is this......what exactly have these kids got to do to be given a chance.

is the gap that big between first team and under 21..... if so what chance has any of them got of being promoted like , little, Shaw and cowans.

you can say that they have to exhibit the skills to mix it with the men of this league......The seniors don't so what have we got to lose.

The majority of seniors are pussies......put the kids in, we may get some fire in the belly.

ps at least they will fire the crowd up

Agreed, Lyden and/or Ohare might need to be given a chance in place of Whelan maybe?

If they have a mare then put the old head back in.

However definitely nothing to lose, it just might be the tonic we need and an opportunity to further unearth potential gems.

• Like 2

In my opinion Lyden would do no worse than Whelan and would give Villa more energy in midfield. Can't understand why Bruce won't play him when you consider how the other kids have done.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Yep I think we're defintitely at the point of asking that question now in relation to Lyden.  Now while I'm not in favour of giving opportunities off the back of an impressive display (singular) because the step up in class is massive, this lad is into his second impressive season, and there are only 3 players in the entire U23 league that have scored more goals than him this season and 2 of those are (naturally) strikers.

• Like 3

He is competing with a high profile, highly paid senior player that was brought in this summer by this manager and who was supposed to be THE answer to our midfield problems.

He'll have to be very impressive to earn his place in the starting 11.

Right or wrong.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sne said:

He is competing with a high profile, highly paid senior player that was brought in this summer by this manager and who was supposed to be THE answer to our midfield problems.

He'll have to be very impressive to earn his place in the starting 11.

Right or wrong.

His problem is actually Onomah.  The age of Whelan & Jedinak should mean Lyden would be getting opportunities under normal circumstances.  But now we're very generously developing Spurs' player for them too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yep I think we're defintitely at the point of asking that question now in relation to Lyden.  Now while I'm not in favour of giving opportunities off the back of an impressive display (singular) because the step up in class is massive, this lad is into his second impressive season, and there are only 3 players in the entire U23 league that have scored more goals than him this season and 2 of those are (naturally) strikers.

And him doing that from playing DM.

deserves a chance.

We need legs in this team of ours.

Edited by TRO

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Playing against football U23s who I am told are a very good youth side and honestly he is streets ahead of this level now, he could play this game half asleep.

Someone get him a loan.

agreed. So calm in the middle of the park. He will be a proper leader some day. Not sure what level he can reach but he will be a decent one if he can stay fit. Definitely needs a loan.

On 27/08/2018 at 21:39, Villan4Life said:

Wouldn't be suprised if he heads out on loan this week.

When's his contract up? Don't think we shall see him in a Villa Shirt again, but good luck to the guy! 

Gone to Oldham on loan.  Hallelujah for HIS sake.  Was getting lost in footballing limbo.  Looking forward to seeing him tear it up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

When's his contract up? Don't think we shall see him in a Villa Shirt again, but good luck to the guy! 

Knew he was going out on loan.  I’ve moved this week to Walsall as a scout from St Mirren but heard some talk about few clubs after him.

• Like 1

He didn't look out of place when he was playing for us in the premier league. Very surprised he hasnt been given a chance in the first team at championship level.

It annoys me when Bruce refers to other clubs loan players as being young and need time to develop when they put in poor performances, but wont use our own except for throwing a bunch in all at once in a mish mash side in cup competitions. How come he doesnt use the same logic as his loan youngsters but he just writes off our own players instead. 

In his 3rd season now and when it comes to our youngsters he's only given Grealish a proper chance, I'm not counting Davis as he had no choice but to play him.

Â