What sort of season would it take for you to get behind the manager again?

Woody1000

I think it would take something amazing for me to be fully behind him again.  I still hope for new owners and a new manager by this time next year.  Part of me will have more patience with him due to the club being up for sale, but at the same time i think the squad looks stronger and he's now had 2 years to work with the team so i do expect an improvement on last season.

If we finished top half and i saw an improvement in the way we play football then i'd probably be right back fully behind him but i can't see that happening.  I hope he keeps us up and then leaves when his contract runs out, not a hero or a villain but someone who had a tough job and helped us transition to the next phase of the clubs history.

• Like 1

I certainly lost faith in Lambert last season due to the consistent level of poor performances and football that I believed at times was up there with the worst I've ever season, wanting him to go. I don't believe Lambert is tactically the man to take us forward as a club. 

However, after this summer when at times things looked rather hopeless, I certainly appreciated him staying, as if he'd left I can't fathom to think who we would have replaced him with. I really hope he can turn it around here and that we can surprise a few people this season but ultimately, when we get taken over, a new manager should take the reigns. 

I don't have a big problem with him, I'm actually ok with his signing policy (The old one).

But I have problem with his tactics sometimes, And sticking players as Weimann and Gabby every game and not in their positions!

I remember last season he played Clark as LB while having Herd as CB ! We all know that the first game Herd started with us took MOM against the Wolves, While playing as RB. So he was going to do an ok job as FB. Yet Clark is originally a CB and his hight would protect us from some high set pieces. 

These are couple of things which makes me doubt his ability. I liked him in our first season because he was brave, He start whoever is good regardless his name. Yet he seems to stick with every player who has been ok for him in a certain period even if he wasn't good atm.

stop playing clark & baker world be a start for me, that should hopefully see better results which might giv me some faith. Also perhaps show the players the chelsea game at home last season and ask them why they can't play like that more often. And by that i mean the tempo, pressing, work rate etc and results will come.

Not really had a problem with his transfers, he's made mistakes all managers do but overall I think this is his strongest attribute.

Disagreed over the 'whole' bomb squad thing, it's been poorly handled all round but I am not sure it was completely his idea?

Where I do think he has massively failed is the performances on the pitch which have been at times diabolical.

Can he change my opinion? Of course yes by huge improvements on the pitch, players working hard, not picking a favorite's team week in, week out.

And Champions League would be good?? LOL

I was one of his biggest supporters when he arrived, and even now I wouldn't say I am not behind him - my confidence in him however, has plumeted.

To get behind him, I would like to see us tight defensivley, and tough to beat at home - but even that is a tall order.

• Like 1

Despite having lost a hell of a lot of confidence in him after last season I am still desperate for him to succeed here.

I was over the moon when he arrived as I felt he was just the kind of manager we needed to help reignite us. He came with a reputation of sending his teams out to have a real go regardless of the opposition. In his first season we saw a fair bit of that. However last season we saw way too much of us simply rolling over and having our belly tickled, being out fought and bullied in too many games. I can accept being outclassed but being beaten due to the opposition wanting it more than you is unacceptable and in those circumstances you have to question the manager.

I want to see us have a real go at teams this season. Rather than look to protect the point we start the game with have a real go, work our bollocks off, play at a high tempo and get into the opposition and go for the three points. I don’t expect us to finish any higher than around 10th – 12th at best but as long as we achieve that playing a decent brand of football and having a go at teams then I will be right behind the manger.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Â