What sort of season would it take for you to get behind the manager again?

Woody1000

Early evidence that last seasons near catastrophic free fall from December onwards has been arrested.

I still cant quite get over how bad that run was, with a few exceptions.

Until then, and other than that run, I had been fully behind him, but there was something about the nature of that run that I thought was really alarming, apart from the obvious things like the lack of points.  To me he seemed to stop being the guy I had seen at Norwich and in the first 18 mionths here.

If that evidence shows, I will support him regardless of specific results, tactics, players picked etc.

If it doesn't show, say within 3-5 games, I would want him gone.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, he had and still has an enormous job turning us round, I dont know if the bomb squad was his idea or it was a club order, The players seem to respect him so maybe he is not as guilty as it seems, The problems off field behind the scenes contributed to loss of form as well but again the players still seem to be behind him. Too many managers and players were hinting about the problems with some players and staff behind the scenes for there to be nothing in it.  What gives me hope is that when we needed a result we seemed able to get it, it was almost as if the players could step up if they had to. Hopefully with the new faces in the squad and the team behind the scenes we may have a good season and start seeing progress again.

Hopefully this time next year the finances will be better, the owner better and we will all start to be positive again, Our club for way to long had highs and lows, it is time now for a few highs.

If we can sign a couple of extra players and get a couple back from injury I do not think this squad is terrible. It's not going to be top 7 or 8 but I don't think we should be the relegation fodder that has been predicted various places. <br />

<br />

I'd had enough of Lambert last season but it's a big 3 games for him to start. Has to be a clean slate for me now, I'm actually intrigued to see what this team can do.

He got a huge amount of stick last season which I think was harsh due to the circumstances he was working under. If Randy has been wanting to sell up for a while, then the job Lambert has done to get us back into financial order ready for sale whilst keeping us up was a very good one. It seems this season he has a lot more things going in his favour regarding the playing staff, so for the first time I have some serious expectations of our on-field performance, probably 10th being the target. I'd like us to be good to watch at home as well. New season, new assistant, new players, new old players, I reckon it should be a fresh slate and everyone should get behind the club and manager, and who knows new owners before long.

It's the playing style for me. We obviously have to stay up first and foremost, but even if we stay up if we have another season of 30% possession and hoof ball then he has to go. That kind of play cannot continue long term and unless we start to address it now the team will eventually go down

Still behind him.

I lost faith last year and to be honest, I have a lot of doubts as to whether he's up to the job.

But I recognise the restrictions he's worked under and I'll support him while he's here.

I guess you could say i'm indifferent.

I still have faith that there's a good manager in there. He hasn't only fouled up tactical decisions, look at the West Brom game where he made changes in the 60th min somthing and it turned the game around. I also believe that by reintroducing bomb squaders and some more experieced lads into the team we will have more rotation on the field and more tactical options. Couple that with a (hopefully) less injury plagued season and I think we're finally in for some of that long awaited improvement. Tough times, but I think we'll pull through with Paul.

A summer break does wonders for a manager under pressure.

It was dire last season. Awful football and more awful records set.

But we've made some alright signings for our predicament and as Lambert says we go again.

If we finish between 10-14 I will begin to think he has the potential to turn this club around.

But if I'm honest I fully expect to see similar shit performances in the first 10 games and the frustration to quickly set in again.

• Like 1

I'd like to see an attempt from Aston Villa at passing the ball.

Some sort of plan on the pitch, not clueless looks at each other followed by a hoof to no one.

Attack teams like he claimed he would.

Some understanding that a system isn't working and a switch of formation at HT perhaps?

I just want us to get mid table positioning while playing decent football. It doesn't have to be Barca or even Everton style football. I just want good attacking play with decent possession, a fairy sturdy defence and a better home record.

My support wavered last season. He still has some work to do to win me back.

• Like 1

Â