What sort of season would it take for you to get behind the manager again?

Woody1000

win the games we are expected to win

no lose to shity teams in up when we have a chance of a decent cup run

Never gonna happen - football is played on the pitch not on paper - very unpredictable - Man City losing to teams they should beat just as we did and us winning against teams we should have lost (again based on paper - see Chelsea, Man City).

Always behind the manager and team regardless of feelings towards either of them - you have to! You may bitch and moan but ultimately you always get behind the team and manager (or at least should do). 

I've always liked him personally and I've always wanted him to do well.

I felt at the end of last season that it would be better to just have a new owner, new manager and a clean slate - but that wasn't necessarily in anger at Lambert more the situation overall.

I'll never berate him and I'll always support him while he's manager. 

For me vlaar and delph signed up on new deals ( i know this isnt in lamberts control) the sanchez signing and another arracking mid or winger and i will be happy to support him as i feel he cant do anymore players wise. I also want honesty regarding players if they dont perform drop them lambert shys away from difficult situations.

I'm behind him right now, no seriously I'm looking at the back of his head (insert Mick McCarthy gif).

Seriously though, I've never not supported Lambert. He has one hell of a job here and I admire the fact that he didn't jump ship where many others probably would have. It'd be good to see him have a decent season, it'd be good for all involved.

Well he's not going to get fired, maybe at Christmas if it has all gone south. In terms of sacking or him walking I think Lambert walking is miles more likely. Plenty of managers leave, Mark Robins just quit Huddersfield.

Top 4, FA Cup and League Cup

In other words, he's lost me forever. Still hoping someone buys us and replaces him before Christmas

Hard to think of a Villa manager i've disliked more (as a manager, not as a person)

In other words, he's lost me forever. Still hoping someone buys us and replaces him before Christmas

Hard to think of a Villa manager i've disliked more (as a manager, not as a person)

Not even McLeish with his post match "That's not a McLeish team" and his (TBH consistent) blaming of the team when it goes wrong and showing himself in glory when it goes well?

Not even McLeish with his post match "That's not a McLeish team" and his (TBH consistent) blaming of the team when it goes wrong and showing himself in glory when it goes well?

Whilst I totally agree that McLeish's spell was about as depressing as it can get - I'm not sure there's much basis for argument that Lambert's done a better job.

I think the squad is a bit closer to what he had at Norwich in the PL in terms of experience now that the only buy 21-year-olds policy has been abandoned  - hopefully he can recapture what it was that drew the club to him in the first place that season. There was concern when he arrived about whether Lambert would be loyal to us when the big clubs came calling.....

I wondered if his 'we need real men' comment when we signed Holt last January was him saying I can finally sign whoever I want now - regardless of age.

Nah, i quite liked McLeish as a bloke if not manager. So that puts him slightly above Lambert

I always found McLeish less of a moaner too

Â