Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Tim was quite complimentary about him in his after match interview.

when asked about his sending off he said " He sacrificed himself for the team....those are the sort of characters I'm looking for.

make of that what you will.

Edited by TRO

I don't think DM's in general have ever been favourably received by the faithful over the years....just an observation rather than a criticism.

Edited by TRO

Tim was quite complimentary about him in his after match interview.

when asked about his sending off he said " He sacrificed himself for the team....those are the sort of characters I'm looking for.

make of that what you will.

He did to be fair. The counter attack was wide open if Sanchez let play continue, however he took one for the team and he will now miss his chance to play at Wembley. It shows good character IMO however it never should've happened as Rose made a blatant foul right before it.

I'll be honest, I'm not a massive fan of Sanchez. Hoping we can find a better option in the summer. 

I think the change of manager and pace that we now play doesn't benefit him at all. 

• Like 2

His second yellow-red was very important to us for the reasons mentioned. Well played that Carlos.

You also have nice hair. Other people here accuse you of not being good on the ball, which I agree.

But I also think that many times you are a liability whilst defending. For example, we've seen lately examples where you sometimes tackle guys from the wrong side, which is just unbelievably amateurish in my mind. Against QPR an occation like this led to a goal. It happened today too, fortunately didn't lead to a goal. You just have to stay between your man and our goal.

You have some qualities, and you do block well many times and do a lot of that kind of work, but when you screw up, you do it in very bad situations. I'm hopeful for you in the future, but scared for the team when you play today.

having just seen the incident, am i the only one thinking he didnt need to dive in?  from what people have been saying i had assumed it was last ditch, stopping a clear break away that would have put Rose in on goal, but it was halfway inside spurs half and we had man to man cover back.

obviously if he let Rose past him then Spurs have the extra player and the counter attack is on, but all he needed to do was shadow Rose, slow him up a bit and allow us to get reset defensively.

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I'm not a massive fan of Sanchez. Hoping we can find a better option in the summer. 

I think the change of manager and pace that we now play doesn't benefit him at all. 

Yes - he best form for us was when were playing slow sideways passes with 8 men behind the ball, That said Id give him a second season - for me he has the ability - but just has moments of madness 

If it was the edge of our area the time to do it has already passed and he would have just been exchanging one dangerous goal scoring opportunity for another. It's about breaking momentum and stopping something before it even starts. Perfect position on the pitch to do it in my opinion.  

• Like 3

Taking one for the team is total bollocks, it's not as though it was on the edge of our own area, it was in their half, yes they were breaking, but he didn't have to dive in like that at all, and he had cover around him. 

What on earth are you on about? That's so contradictory. 

'Yes they were breaking ' - that's dangerous. He stopped the break. If he fouled someone on the edge of the area, it would have been a far more stupid thing to do as it would mean that they'd have a great scoring chance. He stopped the break and nullified that threat. 

Sanchez is a good player and unfairly maligned on here. His passing is inconsistent - sometimes good, sometimes not but he wins the ball well and is generally a bit of a rock of a DM. 

• Like 2

Sanchez was frustrated (like most of us in the away end) that the one-sided Probert didn't give one blatant free-kick against Danny Rose who went through the back of Joe Cole and arguably another free-kick against Delph in the lead up to that foul.

If the referee had done is job this would have never of happened.  Appreciate Sanchez shouldn't react like that but I don't blame in at all.  He played well yesterday.

The ref on the other hand needs to look at himself.  His job shouldn't be to help Spurs because we have the ball in the corner, Danny Rose went through Joe Cole.

Â