Worst sports injury ever?

Ponky

On 03/08/2014 at 11:55, Tegis said:

Alex Zanardi, I'm not even posting it

I see he has managed to land on his head an spent a lot of time in a coma recently, even without his legs.

Not a man content lying on the couch.

The fact that Kenny Bräck managed to get back to racing (in a very short time) after that horror crash is pretty fantastic.

He's a incredibly dull person to be around, zero sense of humor and totally void of personality but amazing that he survided.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

The fact that Kenny Bräck managed to get back to racing (in a very short time) after that horror crash is pretty fantastic.

He's a incredibly dull person to be around, zero sense of humor and totally void of personality but amazing that he survided.

214g Brack endured in that crash. Just Wow!

• Like 1

On 19/02/2022 at 00:42, KentVillan said:

I made the huge, huge mistake of watching a fatal downhill skiing accident the other day.

Those of you who have very strong stomachs can look for Gernot Reinstadler's final run.

He was a young promising downhill skier, going full speed, and caught an edge and crashed off to the side.

The reason it's horrific is the crash was actually just a fairly normal skid, which he would have probably survived with minor injuries, but back then they had wide mesh fences, and he caught one of his skis in one of the big holes in the mesh, and literally ripped his legs apart. He watched himself bleed out.

They have since shrunk the holes in fences for downhill skiing so this can never happen again.

Funnily enough I saw this the other day as well.

I think you're actually playing the injury down.

It doesn't rip his leg apart, it basically splits him down the middle like a wishbone and his insides fall out. To put it bluntly!

Definitely one of the worst I've seen

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've seen enough horrors from skiing to deter me ever being interested in doing it, but yeah, that's fully sealed it.

I ended up in hospital and then on my back for a couple of weeks from trying to take a pair of skis off! I’ve only been a few times but would happily risk injury to ski again it’s that good.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I've seen enough horrors from skiing to deter me ever being interested in doing it, but yeah, that's fully sealed it.

You can't really see much of what happens, but the sight of him sitting up, seeing his entrails and the 30 foot streak of blood he's left on the snow and then collapsing is pretty **** harrowing

Yeah that does sound bad, but what suffering a frozen penis?

Winter Olympics: Finnish skier Remi Lindholm suffers frozen penis in men's 50km cross-country

The immediate concern for the 24-year-old, in the aftermath of completing the final event of his debut Olympic Games, was thawing out his frozen penis.

A heat pack eventually helped the Finn salvage the situation at the end of what was a gruelling race.

However, having spent almost one hour and 16 minutes out on the course in howling winds and appendage-threatening temperatures of -17C, he was, understandably, left in a tremendous amount of pain.

"You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished," Lindholm told Finnish media.

"It was one of the worst competitions I've been in. It was just about battling through.

"When the body parts started to warm up after the finish, the pain was unbearable."

Poor Lindholm previously suffered a similar incident at a competition in Finland last year, with the thin suits and under layers worn by racers offering minimal protection from extreme cold.

On 19/02/2022 at 00:42, KentVillan said:

I made the huge, huge mistake of watching a fatal downhill skiing accident the other day.

Those of you who have very strong stomachs can look for Gernot Reinstadler's final run.

He was a young promising downhill skier, going full speed, and caught an edge and crashed off to the side.

The reason it's horrific is the crash was actually just a fairly normal skid, which he would have probably survived with minor injuries, but back then they had wide mesh fences, and he caught one of his skis in one of the big holes in the mesh, and literally ripped his legs apart. He watched himself bleed out.

They have since shrunk the holes in fences for downhill skiing so this can never happen again.

Oh man, I shouldn't have looked.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Funnily enough I saw this the other day as well.

I think you're actually playing the injury down.

It doesn't rip his leg apart, it basically splits him down the middle like a wishbone and his insides fall out. To put it bluntly!

Definitely one of the worst I've seen

Oh why did I watch it 😫 

• Like 1

We seem to have moved from injuries to most gruesome deaths. 

One that always sticks in my mind, after seeing it on Youtube once, wasn't a sportsman, but a race marshal at an F1 face (South Africa grand prix 1977). Hit by an F1 car at full speed while running across the track with a fire extinguisher. Was basically shredded. The driver (Tom Pryce) died as well as the extinguisher hit him in the head. 

:(

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

We seem to have moved from injuries to most gruesome deaths. 

One that always sticks in my mind, after seeing it on Youtube once, wasn't a sportsman, but a race marshal at an F1 face (South Africa grand prix 1977). Hit by an F1 car at full speed while running across the track with a fire extinguisher. Was basically shredded. The driver (Tom Pryce) died as well as the extinguisher hit him in the head. 

:(

Yeah I remember that one, just watched it again, insane.

Jules Bianchi was bad too, not gory this one, just the incident.

Edited by foreveryoung

Â