Worst sports injury ever?

Ponky

Well I DO know what an anus is AND what it does...

ALL the things it does?

I mean, everything!?

I'm being dead cereal.. I know everything aboot the anus.

Okay then, who first discovered it?  :detect:

In terms of sheer pain, this must be right up there. I can't even comprehend how much this must have hurt.

Again, think twice before clicking this

http://youtu.be/PbEydOnooJ8

Playing Sunday league back in the mid 80s (SeanO may remember this if he was playing that day) one of our guys went up for a clearing header and clashed heads with the opposing attacker. We cleared our lines and pushed up the pitch. I remember looking back and there was Phil our right back just standing there, looking like a ghost, as white as the proverbial sheet. I think it was our goalie who went up to him to see if he was ok and he let out a gasp when he saw him. We all went over and couldn't believe that his forehead had literally caved in like an eggshell, no blood just an horrendous dent. Poor bloke was obviously in shock too. Ugh. Luckily, one of the lads' girlfriends was a nurse and she knew what to do before the ambulance came for him, which back then was an age in the pre mobile days. One of the most shocking things I've ever seen up close.

• Shocked 1

It's not, but there have been some nasty injuries in it over the years.

There's been some nasty injuries in prison riots too, but it still shouldn't be in this thread ;)

• 7 years later...

Wise fwom your gwave...

YouTube threw up a recommended video where a doctor discusses injuries in sports, and the one I watched was on football. Which lead to me seeing the injury to an Honduran player, Luis Garrido, from 2015, which is absolutely horrific.

He had his knee bent the wrong way. Literally. It's a coming together between 3 players where his leg had a guy fall onto it at the knee as he himself falls forward. It's horrific.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Wise fwom your gwave...

YouTube threw up a recommended video where a doctor discusses injuries in sports, and the one I watched was on football. Which lead to me seeing the injury to an Honduran player, Luis Garrido, from 2015, which is absolutely horrific.

He had his knee bent the wrong way. Literally. It's a coming together between 3 players where his leg had a guy fall onto it at the knee as he himself falls forward. It's horrific.

I made the huge, huge mistake of watching a fatal downhill skiing accident the other day.

Those of you who have very strong stomachs can look for Gernot Reinstadler's final run.

He was a young promising downhill skier, going full speed, and caught an edge and crashed off to the side.

The reason it's horrific is the crash was actually just a fairly normal skid, which he would have probably survived with minor injuries, but back then they had wide mesh fences, and he caught one of his skis in one of the big holes in the mesh, and literally ripped his legs apart. He watched himself bleed out.

They have since shrunk the holes in fences for downhill skiing so this can never happen again.

Â