Sky Sports 5

samjp26

Well I went ahead yesterday and added it to my subscription it went through and there is no new contract involved.

A new contract is only involved if you take the broadband offer.

You will not be re-contracted if you do not take up the broadband offers and only activate the channel.

I do however have to ring them up because I did it twice by accident and it created an error but yeah the above is right as outlined here which may help some people http://tinyurl.com/n9c538m

That's right.

I should've stated no new contract involved for my situation.

But yes anyone who takes out the broadband offer will be subject to a new contract. But if like myself you just want the channel activated there is no new contract.

Also a few people had issues yesterday activating via the red button I think this problem is now sorted though I can't confirm either way.

Remember it'll look rosey at first. It'll only be a matter of time and possibly if they wrestle enough of the saturated market from BT but I see crap costs in the future.

That slight bitterness may be because I had sky sports 1 and 2 and got stung when they introduced 3 and 4 and shifted half the fecking games onto the channels I wasn't paying for. Gits

• 2 weeks later...

I see the free broadband offer as an incentive to prevent people switching to BT broadband and then getting BT Sport for free. I've signed up for both, if I find I'm missing loads of games to BT then I'll upgrade to BT sport, but don't watch much Champions League to be fair.

Do you actually have to do something to get the channel?

Not fussed about the free broadband, I'm on a family deal which would probably be described as a grey area (pay £26 to get an incoming signal, different card in so I get everything) so i can't phone them up and activate anything

You'd be a fool to take the free broadband offer for 2 years.

1. I believe it isn't Fibre Optic, so you'd be stuck on a slow internet for 2 years. Almost all of the UK can get fibre now, and files are only getting bigger.

2. It's obviously just a ploy to keep people next summer when they lose the CL rights. They are losing PL games to BT and have lost all European football to them too.

3. If you want free broadband anyway, just phone up and tell them you want to leave. They'll instantly offer you half price TV, probably free non-Fibre internet and a discounted phone line.

I pay them £53 a month for their top internet package, sports, HD and a phone line. You'd be looking at £100+ if you carelessly just paid for the standard price.

Surely this channel will just come free with the Sports pack I already pay for? 

By "free" I don't mean it in the true sense, but why should I have to opt in for a sports channel, when I'm paying for a sports package already? 

Plus my bill has just gone up £4 a month somehow. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â