Sky Sports 5

samjp26

Shame a few hundred thousand don't stop having skyscumsport. We might get foot ball back at 3 on a Saturday then

• Like 1

Shame a few hundred thousand don't stop having skyscumsport. We might get foot ball back at 3 on a Saturday then

No one cares about 3pm kick offs. People want to watch sport 24/7 you get that by staggering kick off times.

If that pisses you off then u should be pissed because the cricket 20/20 game at edgbaston was moved to half 4 instead of 6 30 because England were playing in the world cup...

3pm kick offs constantly is a thing of the past, and has been for about 15 years.

You might not give a shit what time the games are but loads do.

Sky are shit. My opinion and I'll stick with it and they'll never get my money

• Like 1

I used to give a shit. But it's changed now.

**** me, when did the "olden days" begin?

It annoys me when they started using actual crossbars, rather than a piece of string.

I liked it when tickets used to cost £1 and footballers used to drive sponsors cars.

Stuff changes, may as well get used to it.

I like watching football to be honest. Just watching 1 match every weekend would be horrible.... I like watching 5 :P

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Thing is that Sky are dicking around people who have invested time and money over many years in their clubs in favour of Johnny come latelys with deep pockets and no desire to move more than 3 feet away from their couch in order to follow their team.

Any right minded football fan wouldn't give them a penny and would encourage others not to do the same.

• Like 2

I like night games, much better atmosphere.

12 30's can go away, as can 5 15's.

But either way, the world is much larger than it was 25/30 years ago.

Providing the world and all it's time zones a chance to watch the best footballers in the world when most of them play within 2 time zones is tough.

Just because we're lucky enough to live within driving distance doesn't mean we're the only people who should benefit and see the games.

That's nearly elitism.

You get to go to the games, you're lucky. Ask the American and European guys in this forum what they'd love to do, most of them would list watching a game live from the stadium.

You have to put yourself out slightly to go to the different kick offs, but you more or less have months to plan organise it.

Thing is that Sky are dicking around people who have invested time and money over many years in their clubs in favour of Johnny come latelys with deep pockets and no desire to move more than 3 feet away from their couch in order to follow their team.

Any right minded football fan wouldn't give them a penny and would encourage others not to do the same.

Are you referring to fans in this statement? 

I'm a Villa season ticket holder and love watching football on Sky Sports. Does this make me a wrong minded football fan? When Villa are on Sky, I go to Villa Park. It has no bearing with me. 

To be fair, I enjoy watching neutral games on Sky far more than I enjoy watching Villa at Villa Park. At least the majority of times when watching football on Sky i'm entertained, isn't that what football's about? 

Edited by PieFacE

Just because we're lucky enough to live within driving distance doesn't mean we're the only people who should benefit and see the games.

That's nearly elitism.

You get to go to the games, you're lucky. Ask the American and European guys in this forum what they'd love to do, most of them would list watching a game live from the stadium.

I'm sorry, do they not have football clubs in Europe or America?

They should support their local team.

That's nearly elitism.

I'm sorry, do they not have football clubs in Europe or America?

They should support their local team.

Haha, ok..

Say Madrid, barca and all the top clubs where over in japan, if you had the chance of watching live games on your tv, you'd watch - if the "local team" near you was of conference standard.

Everyone wants to see the top stars of all sports, otherwise Sunday league football would attract crowds :lol:

As I said before, just appreciate the fact they only live a few miles down the road.

• Like 1

To be fair, I enjoy watching neutral games on Sky far more than I enjoy watching Villa at Villa Park. At least the majority of times when watching football on Sky i'm entertained, isn't that what football's about? 

To simplify the argument (as it's a long and complex one) - Do you ever ask yourself why football at Villa Park is not as entertaining as it should be?

After all, with all the money floating around we should be watching the most technically gifted individuals that have ever graced the pitch.

But the everything wrong with modern football, the mercenary nature of the players, the uncompetitive nature of the competition, the ridiculous prices charged to punters (whose presence actually helps sell the league abroad), the pragmatic approach of teams (see Stoke and us) simply to survive on the gravy train rather than play football, agents and sports management companies leeching money from the system, the ginormous wages paid to people who can't trap a football or kick it with their wrong foot etc etc - it all has it's roots in the obsession of our game with money - money pouring into the game through television.

So yes, you can turn a blind eye to it all which I will not criticise you for doing so... or you could refuse to contribute a penny to the cause of the problem (subscription television).

• Like 2

Cancelled Sky after being a customer for over 10 years. Felt good. I just wasn't watching it and it was a nice excuse to get away from a company I have absolutely no loyalty towards, and a fair bit of animosity due to Murdoch mainly.

£40 a month down to £7 with BT TV. I now have HD, a far better recorder to Sky+, better on demand on Sky provides, and it's all tied into my existing BT Infinity broadband (which is the best service available if you can get it, Sky's broadband is very poor in comparison).

No wonder people are leaving in their droves. Sky were quite keen on keeping me and I'm sure I could have named my deal if I wanted, but I'd made my mind up.

To simplify the argument (as it's a long and complex one) - Do you ever ask yourself why football at Villa Park is not as entertaining as it should be?

After all, with all the money floating around we should be watching the most technically gifted individuals that have ever graced the pitch.

But the everything wrong with modern football, the mercenary nature of the players, the uncompetitive nature of the competition, the ridiculous prices charged to punters (whose presence actually helps sell the league abroad), the pragmatic approach of teams (see Stoke and us) simply to survive on the gravy train rather than play football, agents and sports management companies leeching money from the system, the ginormous wages paid to people who can't trap a football or kick it with their wrong foot etc etc - it all has it's roots in the obsession of our game with money - money pouring into the game through television.

So yes, you can turn a blind eye to it all which I will not criticise you for doing so... or you could refuse to contribute a penny to the cause of the problem (subscription television).

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Point well made. I'm kinda too young to remember football before 1992. So really don't have an opinion on before and after the money came in. However, what I do know is the way it's setup now, I quite like it, because I like watching football. Maybe if I had seen pre-1992 football I'd have a differing opinion 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Isn't Sky's 76mb fibre exactly the same as BTs? I would cancel right now if it wasn't for the CL still being with Sky.

They are currently giving me 76mb fibre with a phone line for £34 and I will somehow get half price sports from them when the season begins. About £55 probably in total by then.

Looking at their package though, it's not that great. The only HD channels you get are;

• FOX HD
  • National Geographic Channel HD
  • Nat Geo WILD HD
  • SyFy HD
  • History HD
  • Crime and Investigation HD
  • Comedy Central HD
  • MTV HD
  • Discovery HD
  • Animal Planet HD
  • TLC HD
  • Eurosport 1 HD
  • Eurosport 2 HD
  • BT Sport HD

That doesn't include BBC HD and all the other free view channels though, which is free on every device.

I would also like to know what BT is like for people that used to be with Sky.. Speed of the box, broadband etc etc

Edited by villarule123

Â