Joe Cole

TrentVilla

56 caps for England,

Emile Heskey got 62

just quoting a fact…

Fair point.

Cole scored more goals for England than Heskey, from the wing. Another fact to digest.

My opinion is that he was a fantastic talent. Whether through injury or tactics that talent hasn't been seen in a while, but at a mere 32 with the desire he clearly displays I'd be very surprised if his ability has left him. Others think different, that he's a crock or in one or two cases that he never had it at all. Not much left to do but wait and see.

He WAS a very good player.  He isn't any more.

Where exactly is a creative ball playing midfielder supposed to fit into a Sam allardyce team?

Okay he had a few at Bolton but since leaving them he's produced a string of teams playing shit football

Where exactly is a creative ball playing midfielder supposed to fit into a Sam allardyce team?

Okay he had a few at Bolton but since leaving them he's produced a string of teams playing shit football

Where exactly is a creative ball playing midfielder supposed to fit into a Paul Lambert team?  He plays a more basic style of football than Allardyce.

I doubt cole will start every game i doubt he has the natural fitness for that anymore and would be a bad injury waiting to happen however if it were me I would play him for the home games as that creative outlet which will allow us to mix it up tactically (if lambert is capable of that) which might see us get some valuable wins at home.

Atleast then you can rest him on away days so he is less likely to be injured and more fresh for home games.

• Like 1

I've seen/heard a few West Ham fans say that their fitness/physio team isn't very good, not just in relation Cole individually but for example that period where Sam apparently didn't have any players to use.

Not saying that his legs are great, or that I know whether or not our own fitness team is any better, but it could be a factor in his groin problem last season which could just be a one off and not something that occurs again.

No one plays a more basic style of football than allardyce

Lambert does.  Worst football to watch in the Premier League bar none.  Makes Pulis look like Guardiola.

Where exactly is a creative ball playing midfielder supposed to fit into a Paul Lambert team?  He plays a more basic style of football than Allardyce.

This is the first one we've had for a while so we should find out soon

Lambert does.  Worst football to watch in the Premier League bar none.  Makes Pulis look like Guardiola.

Go to the Lambert thread and moan about it then.

It's still not as basic/direct as allardyce, difference is he has, when fit, caroll and Nolan who thrive on that shit.

St least lambert has tried the likes of wieman, agbonlahor, nzogbia etc 'in the hole', they just ain't been up to it, maybe Cole will be, who knows

Is that why our fans were chanting Lambert's name while he was still at Norwich?

Strange how West Ham played the better, more expansive football the two times we faced them this season then. Including when Lambert went for five at the back at Upton Park when they were playing without a striker.

Seriously guys, if you want to moan about Lambert, can you please go and do it in the Lambert thread?

It's completely relevant though as the discussion stems from whether Joe Cole can thrive under Lambert given that he didn't under an equally retrograde manager in Allardyce.

Â