Joe Cole

TrentVilla

The fitness side of thing slightly concerns me.

Big Sam is under a lot of pressure from his fans and he's let go a fan favourite who is the kind of player to entertain and help play the attacking football desired.

Did sam know something about Coles fitness that we're about to find out or is it just another poor decision from a very poor manager?

I guess its going to be a wait and see type signing.

He wasn’t that injured during last season, also not at all during his Lille spell.

Fat Sam played one style last season lump it forward, knock it down and Nolan scores. Cole was primarily used on the flanks, plus he has money to spend this summer, he also has Morrison who we'd say has more ability than alot of our players.

• Like 1

Maybe rodders but to be honest i think he never really fulfilled his huge potential thats the lee hendrie comparison right there

56 caps for England, including a world cup goal (and what a goal) plus spearheading a league title winning attack (as well as winning player of the season) make the comparison a little absurd.

If his potential was more than that then he's one hell of a talent no?

• Like 1

Just a feeling Dave just he's never really impressed me that much after initially threatening to set the world alight

Facts > feelings.

I respect your opinion and I do see whereabouts you're coming from, the initial hype had him down as a little more. But he's had a fantastic career, was integral to one of the best sides of the last 15 years or so and has world cup pedigree to boot.

Lee Hendrie he was/is not.

• Like 2

I thought he missed a lot of last season due to injuries. Somebody mentioned that he hasn't had injury problems for the past two seasons. If that is the case then I think if he could really help us next season.

Cole has been crap for the last 2 years at West Ham.

Given how much their fans hate Fat Sam you can be sure the lack of an outcry over his release means they agree with him on this one.

He was subbed off at half time against us and they went on to win the game. He didn’t look at the races and Albrighton came on that day and looked great. I find it strange that we release Marc and sign Cole!

That being said, I now fully believe Cole will do a Lazarus and awake from his slumber to be the signing of the season! 

C'mon the Villa

Just a feeling Dave just he's never really impressed me that much after initially threatening to set the world alight

Facts > feelings.

I respect your opinion and I do see whereabouts you're coming from, the initial hype had him down as a little more. But he's had a fantastic career, was integral to one of the best sides of the last 15 years or so and has world cup pedigree to boot.

You could make the same argument about Michael Owen though.  Fantastic career for club and country with Liverpool and England, but utterly hopeless at Man U and Stoke due to being washed up.  Joe Cole is treading a similar path.  He's been ineffective for ages now, and getting steadily worse.

Facts > feelings.

You could make the same argument about Michael Owen though. Fantastic career for club and country with Liverpool and England, but utterly hopeless at Man U and Stoke due to being washed up. Joe Cole is treading a similar path. He's been ineffective for ages now, and getting steadily worse.

Chipped in with a few big goals for United but I see what you mean.

If Cole scores one winner this season and we stay up by 1 point then he will be worth it.

Facts > feelings.

You could make the same argument about Michael Owen though.  Fantastic career for club and country with Liverpool and England, but utterly hopeless at Man U and Stoke due to being washed up.  Joe Cole is treading a similar path.  He's been ineffective for ages now, and getting steadily worse.

Michael Owen's game was based on his pace, particularly a burst over a short distance. Once that had gone due to a series of injuries he was a very ordinary player indeed. Still had a great finish on him but couldn't get space where he used to and so was ineffective. Joe Cole's game doesn't rely on ihs pace, he has two great feet and is inventive. If he's used right he should be able to play for a few years yet, and obviously if his heart is in it and his head's right...

• Like 1

Fat Sam played one style last season lump it forward, knock it down and Nolan scores. Cole was primarily used on the flanks, plus he has money to spend this summer, he also has Morrison who we'd say has more ability than alot of our players.

Too easy

Â