Joe Cole

TrentVilla

I seem to remember Jose saying talented player but a bit thick and cant follow instructions

Thing is Jose likes to stick a bus in front of the goal.... Cole is an attack minded player who likes to go on runs things like that.... Not a "proper" mourinho player.... He's managed to turn Oscar from a kaka-esc attacking mid into a cm who defends too.... Which is good and bad I guess

Were due a bit of luck with injuries next season. Hes one of us now..

Lowton--Vlaar--Okore--LB

-------DM----Delph------

----------Cole-----------

Nzogbia-------------Gabby

---------Benteke---------

Not too bad. with quite a few decent back up players. Would love Barry to be next to Delph. A midfield trio comfortable on the ball.

Some great quotes from Cole in that article. Clearly wants to play and seems to have been told that he'll be the main man in that midfield. Impressed with his knowledge of our players too.

What's interesting too is that he says he's talked to Lambert about his plans and the future, and seems confident that there is a plan in place. For a club in takeover limbo, that's surprised me a bit.

Whether you rate him or not, he certainly would not have been short of offers (and could easily have waited for further offers), so there is definitely something that's drawn him to the club and made him sign now, rather than drawing it out over the summer. Not sure what that is, but it gives me a bit of encouragement. 

Some great quotes from Cole in that article. Clearly wants to play and seems to have been told that he'll be the main man in that midfield. Impressed with his knowledge of our players too.

What's interesting too is that he says he's talked to Lambert about his plans and the future, and seems confident that there is a plan in place. For a club in takeover limbo, that's surprised me a bit.

Whether you rate him or not, he certainly would not have been short of offers (and could easily have waited for further offers), so there is definitely something that's drawn him to the club and made him sign now, rather than drawing it out over the summer. Not sure what that is, but it gives me a bit of encouragement. 

This post gave me encouragement. Glad to hear there is a plan.

• Like 1

Its the manager, he alludes to it in the article some won't want to hear it but it seems to be the case.

Just as it was Lambert who talked Benteke into staying, I'm not saying he is faultless but he isn't the mumbling fool some would have people believe.

Yeah I agree, and I allude to a post you made you in a different thread citing our style of play being more symptomatic of the quality of player, rather than a deliberate tactic of the manager.

Anyway, welcome Joe. If you stay fit nd keep enjoying your football, you'll be a great asset to the club.

• Like 1

This post gave me encouragement. Glad to hear there is a plan.

Running the risk of going OT, but i think the manager has every chance of staying after the takeover (which may still be way off) and is therefore allowed to continue with his plan. That plan just doesn't seem to involve spending money on fees, but he's clearly allowed to free up some more wages to bolster the squad.

Were due a bit of luck with injuries next season. Hes one of us now..

Lowton--Vlaar--Okore--LB

-------DM----Delph------

----------Cole-----------

Nzogbia-------------Gabby

---------Benteke---------

Not too bad. with quite a few decent back up players. Would love Barry to be next to Delph. A midfield trio comfortable on the ball.

Delph is not a defensive player, so unless that 'DM' is going to be a T1000 we would be overrun most weeks.

• Like 1

Its the manager, he alludes to it in the article some won't want to hear it but it seems to be the case.

Just as it was Lambert who talked Benteke into staying, I'm not saying he is faultless but he isn't the mumbling fool some would have people believe.

Yes he is; he's shit and pointless and has no plan and blah blah

Mind you, it's fairly standard for players to say they are looking forward to working with the manager once they've signed for a club.

You would, wouldn't you?  ;)

Â