Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Experienced and one of the most naturally talented Englishman of his generation. If he stays fit, he'll benefit the team on and off the pitch. Good luck, Joe. Not prepared to write you off unlike some posters.

Edited by The_Steve

If we had a fantastic medical/physio team, with a reputation for keeping players fit and injury free, I'd be optimistic about this. 

But the opposite is true. We take fit players and trash them left, right and centre. 

Doesn't look promising. 

Agree - Ive been accused over being over dramatic - but I don't think our physio's are up to much.

It is a question I have thought about as well. The amount of of serious injuries we have had since Lambert and his team have taken control makes me think it could be a case of poor physios, or possibly poor training techniques. It could all be a coincidence, but we have suffered some pretty horrendous luck with injuries to key players throughout the last two seasons. It doesn't bode well that we are now bringing in a player who is pretty injury prone over the last few seasons. I don't hold out much hope that he will stay fit long enough to make any difference to our team, and will just be a drain on our limited wage budget.

A different type of player I know, but I would rather have used our money on Gareth Barry. You know what you get with GB, and he would have been a good solid base for our midfield to work from. I feel we are lacking that, and you need a good base to start from.

If it is just JC who arrives though, I will wish him luck and pray to the gods that he proves me wrong and stays injury free and performs better than we hope.

He was a fantastic player on his day. Skills.. vision.. speed... skill... Didnt see much of him last season.. but does he still have any of it?

He does have valuable experience though.

If we had a fantastic medical/physio team, with a reputation for keeping players fit and injury free, I'd be optimistic about this. 

But the opposite is true. We take fit players and trash them left, right and centre. 

Doesn't look promising. 

Agree - Ive been accused over being over dramatic - but I don't think our physio's are up to much.

It is a question I have thought about as well. The amount of of serious injuries we have had since Lambert and his team have taken control makes me think it could be a case of poor physios, or possibly poor training techniques. It could all be a coincidence, but we have suffered some pretty horrendous luck with injuries to key players throughout the last two seasons. It doesn't bode well that we are now bringing in a player who is pretty injury prone over the last few seasons. I don't hold out much hope that he will stay fit long enough to make any difference to our team, and will just be a drain on our limited wage budget.

A different type of player I know, but I would rather have used our money on Gareth Barry. You know what you get with GB, and he would have been a good solid base for our midfield to work from. I feel we are lacking that, and you need a good base to start from.

If it is just JC who arrives though, I will wish him luck and pray to the gods that he proves me wrong and stays injury free and performs better than we hope.

Barry the one who is asking for 60k a week two year deal whereas Joe Cole is being paid 25k.

I can see Lambert now playing his beloved 4-4-2 narrow diamond formation with this signing which I don't think will necessarily be a bad thing. 

Bacuna - Vlaar - Okore - Bennett / ?

Westwood

KEA                 Delph

Cole

Weimann - Benteke

Should be okay providing he can stay fit.

I guess on second thoughts, we don't have a creative midfield player and although he may not be the player he was he can still do a job for us in that role and Weimann and Gabby may benefit from someone like him.

He was a fantastic player on his day. Skills.. vision.. speed... skill... Didnt see much of him last season.. but does he still have any of it?

He does have valuable experience though.

That the $64,000 question isn't it?

I'm okay with this signing. He's a naturally talented player whose injury problems have been a major setback. I think he'll be a positive addition to the dressing room and can add much-needed confidence to the midfield. We just have to keep him fit.

I'd definitely rather have him as an option than Sylla. Welcome aboard, Joe!

I can see Lambert now playing his beloved 4-4-2 narrow diamond formation with this signing which I don't think will necessarily be a bad thing. 

Bacuna - Vlaar - Okore - Bennett / ?

Westwood

KEA                 Delph

Cole

Weimann - Benteke

Should be okay providing he can stay fit.

I would be very surprised if he starts over 10 games tbh.

He is an option to bring on and nothing more, imo.

Doesn't look promising. 

Barry the one who is asking for 60k a week two year deal whereas Joe Cole is being paid 25k.

I suspect that Barry will play more than twice the amount of games than we will get out of Cole.

Ah really, didn't realise there was such a difference between the wages. Shame, as GB would be a good acquisition at this moment in time

Can't believe people are questioning our physio's I feel some Villa fans are at they're happiest when complaining or criticising the club . If you take a minute to rationally consider the types of injuries we have had these last 2 seasons. Okore injured in a game but back ahead of schedule. Physio's fault how ? Kozak injured by a innocuous tackle in training by Clark. Players have to tackle in training and can't see how it's the physio's fault. Benteke snapped his Achilles lining up a shot with no one around him. Physio's or training fault how ? Delph's injuries I'm not too sure what happened but I suppose when he did his ankle whilst on loan at Leeds that was somehow our clubs fault ?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/webimage/1.4271045.1329898518!image/4102521705.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/4102521705.jpg

Joe Cole is an unknown. Pirlo was written off and look how he has done at Juve. I'm not comparing the two directly but he could be an inspired signing for us relative to our current position.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

Just seen his interview on SSN, he seems up for the challenge and spoke highly of AVFC. I don't think he's here just to pick up his wages, he sounds like he is keen to play. He also confirmed he'd been signed to play CAM so fingers crossed he stays injury free because he has ability.

• Like 2

Â