Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

If we had suarez and he was playing like a god like he does for liverpool, then I would not want him removed from the club. I think a lot of people would be looking at him different if he played for us.

I argued that before but some take the higher moral ground. I don't...

Conor McNamara BBC commentator in Natal: "Group of Uruguay journalists laughing and making pretend bite gestures here in the stadium. He may be a villain, but he's 'their' villain."

Not until Copa America

That's fair enough, I would not blame you but it would not bother me to much.

Even if you took all his offences into consideration too? You surely couldn't want someone found guilty of racism, has bitten a player on 3 separate occasions, dives consistently and treats refs like something off the bottom of his boot?

Edited by villarule123

I don't think the marks on the shoulder are meant to be teeth marks, they look like standard random freckles to me. I think it's the general redness of the area which shows he's been bit in a localised area but not hard enough to break the skin.

If you step back from the incident and look at it. Its hard to actual prove if he bit him or not. The camera angles and replays so far cant prove 100% he bit him. It looks more like he threw his head in most of them.

That pic of Chelini looks doctored. I m not supporting Suarez far from it but you cannot say 100% that he bit him on the evidence so far. Now he may well have bit him but Uraguay will figh tooth and nail, boom boom, against any ban and on the evidence so far they ll probably win.

• Like 1

Italy manager Cesare Prandelli: "I didn't see the images of Suarez but I did see the bite marks in Chiellini's shoulder.

"It is a shame a real shame but when these defeats are determined by wrongful choices, everything becomes complicated and it is hard to comment."

I saw him put his mouth on Chielinni's shoulder, I then saw him make an aggressive head movement with his mouth on Chiellini's shoulder - I then saw him holding his mouth, I then saw teeth marks on Chiellini's shoulder. Uruguay have got no chance of winning any appeal - the question is about the integrity of FIFA in dealing with things honestly and in the best interests of the game.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

The way I look at it is, biting someone on a football field is just unpleasent to view that's all. What's worse, biting someone or going in with your studs up on someone's leg. The studs up is much worse imo as you could break someone's leg, where just biting someone the way suarez has you will be lucky if you break skin. You see much worse in sunday league football, as I said its just considered dirty and unpleasent but that's it.