The Careers/Jobs thread

Tayls

I've ended up taking the secondment position for the managers role, partly based in Cardiff. The pay is almost identical to what I'm on now, but it'll give me some good experience and look good for me.

I managed to negotiate so that instead of 3 days a week in Cardiff, it'll be either 2 days a week or 2 days one week and 3 days the next. I'll also have the option to work from home. The last thing I asked for, was that I do reduced hours (for the same pay) on the days I'm in Cardiff, so that I can leave home and arrive back home at my normal time. So I'll be doing 9-3 or 10-4 shifts.

All I've got to decide now, is whether I take the train there and back each day, or whether I drive! (They would put me up in a hotel but I've said I'd prefer to come home).

I've ended up taking the secondment position for the managers role, partly based in Cardiff. The pay is almost identical to what I'm on now, but it'll give me some good experience and look good for me.

I managed to negotiate so that instead of 3 days a week in Cardiff, it'll be either 2 days a week or 2 days one week and 3 days the next. I'll also have the option to work from home. The last thing I asked for, was that I do reduced hours (for the same pay) on the days I'm in Cardiff, so that I can leave home and arrive back home at my normal time. So I'll be doing 9-3 or 10-4 shifts.

All I've got to decide now, is whether I take the train there and back each day, or whether I drive! (They would put me up in a hotel but I've said I'd prefer to come home).

You could always bring hookers back to the hotel but might be harder to get the use out of them on the train?

• Like 1

Wasn't successful in the 1 I really liked but haven't heard back from 2 others yet. Got another 1 tomorrow.

No feedback either, just that I interviewed very well but someone else was more suited for the role.

Oh well.

Wasn't successful in the 1 I really liked but haven't heard back from 2 others yet. Got another 1 tomorrow.

No feedback either, just that I interviewed very well but someone else was more suited for the role.

Oh well.

Sorry to hear Stef. Chin up.

Oh well.

Sorry to hear Stef. Chin up.

Yeah, I echo that.  I would try and insist on feedback if you can. I know it's not easy though.

All the best with the one tomorrow. 

I'm not entirely sold on the company tomorrow (i'd have to relocate etc) but I'm 100% going for it as it's a great experience.

Well then. Had the interview, offered the job immediately and I accepted :D

haha!!!

sucker, now you have to buy us all cakes to celebrate...

I'm not entirely sold on the company tomorrow (i'd have to relocate etc) but I'm 100% going for it as it's a great experience.

Well done chap!

Where you relocating to? 

Well done and congrats! What is it and where?

Cheers fellas!

It's in Stroud in Gloucestershire. I can commute for the time being but may need to move down there.

I'll be working for an IT infrastructure company. Do the networking for like hospitals/unis/etc

Boring it man :D

I have seen how much of a bitch my new job can be over the last two days

1 claim - 1 driver, piece of piss, takes about 40 minutes to get the ball rolling

1 claim - 1 driver + 3 passengers - takes 40 minutes per claiment, the last two days I have had 4 claims like this, it pretty much takes up your whole day and doesn't leave you a chance to deal with your outstanding claims

I've gotta get my head down on Monday to catch up but the gods have been good and it looks like I've got a pretty easy day so I should be able to do it

Had 4 interviews in Dublin yesterday with 4 firms of varying size.

First one, was a small firm and I didn't have any really expectation going in, but my god they seemed like they'd really be a great place to work for, in Silicon Valley terms they were definitely Pied Piper.

The 2nd one was a much bigger firm than the first but the whole team was going to be 4 people and I'd imagine it would be horrible.

The 3rd was basically a firm who work for all of Ireland's richest families, and Interview was about 90mins I'd probably come out of there with the best skills but they kind of wanted me for life really.

The 4th then would be the Hooli in SV terms, really big aggressive firm, interview went very well, then we came to talk about money and I was hoping for €40k and they called the partner in and were like had you had any offers yet, and I said no but I expected to get 3 from the 3 I had, and they were like ok we'll give you 50k right now and if you need a couple of grand more we won't fall out over it.

Edited by Folski

Â