New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep and some people who didn’t want the round badge thought the majority agreed with them but they were wrong then and now.

i didn't see single person state that they thought the majority preferred option one. if they did, they were deluded. 

• Like 1

On 08/11/2022 at 22:09, Galway Lion said:

Just seen the stand alone lion option which was alleged third option. It’s clearly the best option in my opinion but the focus group dropped it !

Where can I see that?

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

100% agree with MOMS… we didn’t have any great options. The two we had, were so creatively stale. Some of the fan made concepts were bold and daring and pulled it off, with hundreds of retweets 

this one being the best of the bunch 

aston-villa_20111127_1647547976.jpg

Far too fussy; the squares, the stuff outside the circle. I bet your lounge looks like a Victorian parlour. 🤣

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Who?

There were a few on Twitterverse and I remember at least one on another forum.  As usual there are extremes at both ends.  Most knew the round badge whether they wanted that one or the other one or even another badge.

Of the two options, I do prefer the round one. Nostalgia, for sure.

I do like the shield one as well though and as others have said, both much better than the current one. 

Another improvement at the club.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

I sat next to MOMS in most of the meetings and I think there's a little bit here of his personal preference being expressed in a way designed to influence opinion. I personally would have hated for us to have a Juventus style badge; we're not that club to my mind, we're a traditional giant, Lloyds of London, not Nintendo - but I know MOMS wanted something bold and modern. We all have our own personal opinions.

It is however possibly worth re-reading those tweets and replacing the words "that survey" and "their survey" with the words "what Villa fans wanted".

• Like 2

• The star should've been a separate entity. 
  • 1874 is wonky. My OCD also doesn't like that the 1874 doesn't match the font size of Aston Villa which I understand why it just doesn't look right and looks lost. 
  • Boring and get lost in all the other badges. 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I personally don’t have any major issues with the new badge/crest and I think when we start to see it introduced from next season, we’ll like it more and more. It’s not mind blowing or outstanding but it has a nice traditional feel about it and it’s who we are.

I would have liked a yellow/gold Lion but understand the reason for change.

Just glad it’s all done and dusted to be honest.