New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

What is very clear is you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

And you shouldn't try to because then you end up with something half arsed that's kinda OK but not really strong in any direction.

Not saying any of those designs in a Homer Simpson car but they are not strong either. IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

“I want the badge to stand out”

”The lion isn’t facing the same way as everyone else’s animals!!!!!!!!”

Sums it all up.

The current badge is too yellow! There isn’t enough claret! I want a round badge!

The new options don’t contain enough yellow! There’s too much claret! I don’t want a round badge everyone has a round badge!

I think the two choices are pretty bang on and so much better than the current badge. I also like that it’s clear they’re going to be using just the lion on some things. I like the nod to the original badge with the lion facing the other way. The responses to two solid options in a world where they could have been awful (which is what I anticipated) is surprisingly negative. 

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Sums it all up.

The current badge is too yellow! There isn’t enough claret! I want a round badge!

The new options don’t contain enough yellow! There’s too much claret! I don’t want a round badge everyone has a round badge!

I think the two choices are pretty bang on and so much better than the current badge. I also like that it’s clear they’re going to be using just the lion on some things. I like the nod to the original badge with the lion facing the other way. The responses to two solid options in a world where they could have been awful (which is what I anticipated) is surprisingly negative. 

Except its not claret, its purple :/.

Your never going to keep all fans happy. Its exactly when they do new kits every year

But yeah i still stick with the round one.  Its definitely better than the current one in my opinion and is based on our history which i like. Would have been perfect if lion was yellow and facing the normal way but its not a huge issue for me

Will be sad to see yellow lion go but i get the reason - moving forward with a new and hopefully successful era

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The lion looks too big for the shield gas light whatever you wnat to call it.

Disagree. The lion is the best bit (and also the more detailed design of the lion on the gaslamp version is way better) and should stand out more, which it does in the gaslamp one.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No space for the year either.

Why do you need it? The whole point of the gaslamp is to represent the founding. No need to add the date as well. Just sticking the date on it, like they’ve done with the circle badge, is lazy.

• Like 3

I think the round one is more safe and I initially veered towards this but the other one started growing on me, just because it's slightly different. The round is just like a lot of other designs and didn't stand out,l

11 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Disagree. The lion is the best bit (and also the more detailed design of the lion on the gaslamp version is way better) and should stand out more, which it does in the gaslamp one.

Why do you need it? The whole point of the gaslamp is to represent the founding. No need to add the date as well. Just sticking the date on it, like they’ve done with the circle badge, is lazy.

Sorry to sound dumb what does the gaslight actually represent?

I like both which is not what I was expecting so bravo to the artists. I love the execution on number 1 but it’s just a little too new era/e-sportsy for me and given our rich history I’m ok with a badge steeped in that. It’s a tight race but I’ll be boring and stick with #2. Either way I’ll be happy which is a nice surprise.

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

Sorry to sound dumb what does the gaslight actually represent?

Founding story of the club. Founders meeting under gaslamp to discuss becoming a football club. There’s a mock up gas lamp outside the holte end for this reason.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Founding story of the club. Founders meeting under gaslamp to discuss becoming a football club. There’s a mock up gas lamp outside the holte end for this reason.

Over a hundred years later that still sucks ass 

The round badge is a reference to our history, and is more of an exercise in nostalgia. It suits those of us who yearn for a return to the "good old days".

The shield (Gaslamp) version is a much stronger marketing tool. It has a more aggressive dynamic and is in tune with our owners determination to take the club forward.

They are both an improvement on the existing nondescript club badge, but my choice would be the shield.

I prefer the shield. It is unique and is a fresher look than the round one. Saying that, I like the colour balance of the round badge more than the shield though. Overall, I like both of the badges. I am happy that I won't be disappointed with the final outcome. 🤣

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

I think it looks too big and squashed fir the design. I dont like it at all. I like the year we were formed being there tbh.

Prefer the circle ive tried to like 1 but its not for me at all