New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, jayEm said:

Apologies if this has been done already. But I think the shield option looks way better with a yellow lion. Currently it just feels very.... blue. In my opinion a golden lion stands out brilliantly against the claret background of both the badge, and the home kit as a whole. On the kit it's a lovely little highlight. It's admittedly a bit West Ham, but we do it far better.

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

From being disappointed to the point of not really caring, this simple change would swing it for me - the gold lion feels right., and grander.  Always thought the current badge could be fixed with the same colour theory (claret background).  Not expecting the club to make tweaks from the 2 options, but bravo nonetheless sir.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m not entitled to vote and would have chosen option 1. It appears those who are able to vote prefer round and those who can’t prefer the shield. 

It will be interesting to see how it works out. I remember the Randy Lerner market research, there was a round one on that which seemed the far more popular on social media. Supposedly the crest was chosen using the feedback. Did they just say we want this one sod the feedback or was the round less popular than it appeared.

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN from crest poll thread.

Not surprisingly , it appears the Season Ticket holders ( Who I generally picture to be an older set of fans  - entitled to vote) have gone traditional.

The ' Not entitled to vote " fans I picture as generally younger and internationally based, seem to be leaning towards the Gaslamp Shield/Crest.

As somebody who goes to Villa Park I find this assertion not true.

I know loads of Villa fans abroad having lived in Australia and travelled a lot and most who watch Villa religiously are older fans.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Round badge is just so Meh … I mean it will probs grow on me but if/when chosen but prefer the current badge over it. Never felt the luv for the round badge other than nostalgia and decisions shouldn’t be made based solely on that.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

other than nostalgia and decisions shouldn’t be made based solely on that.  

It’s a badge so why wouldn’t a decision based solely on that be ok?  It’s not my reason but it’s a badge not something that going to be life changing.  If a large amount of people love an old badge and want something similar then why is nostalgia not a good enough reason, it is just a badge at the end of the day.

I'd be absolutely delighted with the round badge if they got rid of the star. I know some fans insist on it, but it just seems an unnecessary distraction in the composition and makes it less striking.

It also gives the impression that the lion is preying on an impossible-to-reach target, which is not the message we want to put across.

• Like 1

I think it's probably a reasonable assumption to make that those with the expendable cash to have season tickets or memberships are generally more likely to be the older fan and therefore more drawn to the 80s style badge as it's their youth and a successful period.

Personally, I think it's a shame as it's the opposite of progression and fixated on the past. It's not traditional either as we only had a circular badge for a small percentage of our history. The colours are muted on both and the font looks off. 

We will end up with the circular badge, it was inevitable from the second the consultation started. Just feel it's playing to the crowd rather than innovative.

I'm not a fan. But then I don't like Brexit, the Tories or Trump either so I'm often on the wrong side of public popular opinion!

• Like 1