New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Yeah the star could go, or just be under the badge on the shirt. Re. text colour, I did try yellow, but then its too yellow someone. Any other suggestions?

I know you said you changed it because it's too blue, but I still think the border and background should switch coulours, but importantly it should be the darker blue from the border. I think when people complained about the current badge colour being too similar, they overlooked the real reason the blue/yellow didn't work, because the badge as a whole is too light with little contrast. We have a white border with a baby blue background, a white star floating in it and a bright yellow lion, with barely any claret. The current badge works much better with a claret border, it instantly improves it 1000%. 

I did a crappy mockup in photoshop, and to me it looks amazing, but I won't share it as my skills are rubbish and I partly like it because I can see the intention.

But take this badges, make the border claret, make the background the darker blue from the border, remove the star, change Aston Villa to claret, and keep the claret detailing on the Lion, and I think that becomes an amazing badge.

Not expecting you to do that @jayEm, just my thoughts on what would make this badge really work.

1 hour ago, jayEm said:

Apologies if this has been done already. But I think the shield option looks way better with a yellow lion. Currently it just feels very.... blue. In my opinion a golden lion stands out brilliantly against the claret background of both the badge, and the home kit as a whole. On the kit it's a lovely little highlight. It's admittedly a bit West Ham, but we do it far better.

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

See this doesnt actually look bad. Only concern it looks abit west hamy

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So far option 1 is the only option.

Option 2 is the only option. 

Both would be fine with a few changes 

Both are loads better than what we currently have

Both are far worse than what we currently have

They look modern but 1 looks more modern. 

They look old fashioned. 

Is that a good summary? 

Dont forget purslow is too short

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I know you said you changed it because it's too blue, but I still think the border and background should switch coulours, but importantly it should be the darker blue from the border. I think when people complained about the current badge colour being too similar, they overlooked the real reason the blue/yellow didn't work, because the badge as a whole is too light with little contrast. We have a white border with a baby blue background, a white star floating in it and a bright yellow lion, with barely any claret. The current badge works much better with a claret border, it instantly improves it 1000%. 

I did a crappy mockup in photoshop, and to me it looks amazing, but I won't share it as my skills are rubbish and I partly like it because I can see the intention.

But take this badges, make the border claret, make the background the darker blue from the border, remove the star, change Aston Villa to claret, and keep the claret detailing on the Lion, and I think that becomes an amazing badge.

Not expecting you to do that @jayEm, just my thoughts on what would make this badge really work.

**** it, it's poorly executed, but this is what I mean, to me it looks more Villa and less West Ham.

image.jpeg.1e48e7faaf1cb89aba0162fde79e8949.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

On reddit other teams fans seem to overwhelming support the first one. And I can't say I disagree. 

Yes outside opinion on the round badge is that it’s a Chelsea copy (nobody else cares we used it 40 years ago). Obviously it’s right not to give a hoot about outside opinion if it works for us but I still think round is dated and boring.

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes outside opinion on the round badge is that it’s a Chelsea copy (nobody else cares we used it 40 years ago). Obviously it’s right not to give a hoot about outside opinion if it works for us but I still think round is dated and boring.

Yet still a lot of clubs in recent history move to a round badge….hmmm.  People are only saying it’s dated because we used to have one but the same could be said about the shield or on its own or whatever.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

“Welcome to the City Group” was another opinion. They’re right about that too. We’re a special club, round badges are anything but special.

Don’t worry tho, round will win.

Somebody already pointed out there are more shields in the PL badges than round badges…so shields are even less special.  Shields have been done, round has been done, without either has been done on other clubs current badges.  I don’t know what people are expecting. 

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

They have no emotional attachment to our current or old badges so are able to judge the current and potential new badges objectively from a pure design view.

Objectively? When has another clubs fan ever viewed another club objectively plus you are viewing emotional attachment as a bad thing which is strange.  We have emotional attachment to the colours, the name, the lion, the ground…anything else we should just ignore because we are emotionally attached to? Football fans are football fans because they are emotionally attached.  I only like Claret and Blue because of Villa, generally I find neither colour appealing.

Edited by nick76