New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve gone shield but I do think both are too dull. They don’t stand out at all. 

Agreed.

As I've said they should spend more time on it. No rush to get a new badge.

8 hours ago, Farlz said:

The gas lamp is just so much better. Absolutely miles better. 

Unfortunately this fanbase is completely stuck in the past, won't ever stop going on about it or move away from it so now we're going to have a shite round badge to join everyone else. 

Disappointing but what can you do I guess. 

This sums it all up for me. If I have to hear or see a reference to 1982 ever again I’ll have a stroke. 

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can’t see how anyone could say option 1 doesn’t stand out. It looks brilliant amongst all the other modern badges IMO. It still clings to some retro styling. 

That stands out fir the wring reasons. The lion looks too big for the shield gas light whatever you wnat to call it. No space for the year either. I also think the lion facing the other way looks worse on this one compared to the circle one

I think had the lion been fa ing the proper way and was gold yellow with a bit smaller it would have looked decent

But for me thats awful design. I appreciate though its personal taste

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

How so?

The inner circle is too large in relation to the diameter of the outer circle.  The knock on effect is the name does not extend far enough around the circle.  Find some old original shirts on the Internet and you'll see what I mean.

They've also used the clip art lion from the 1990s shield.

The designers might have gone to Google and picked the wrong one.

Edited by Stephen_Evans

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think I prefer the current badge.

I don't have particularly strong opinions about any of them but our current badge is a mess. The new designs are not exciting but both are better than the current one from a design perspective 

But really, they can put a poo emoji in a triangular shield for all I care, if they make us successful on the pitch 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, picicata said:

I don't have particularly strong opinions about any of them but our current badge is a mess. The new designs are not exciting but both are better than the current one from a design perspective 

But really, they can put a poo emoji in a triangular shield for all I care, if they make us successful on the pitch 

Wouldn't we have copyright issues with the mob across the city?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think I prefer the current badge.

I definitely do not.

I'd have been up for something radical but it hasn't been offered.

The roundel is nostalgic but tasteful.

The shield just isn't very good. 

For those people saying the roundel looks like other badges, there are currently 5 round badges in the PL and 7 shields.

Ignorant fans will think we are copying Chelsea with the roundel, but there we go.

It looks a lot better IMO.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Working in design, it can be annoying when clients want a hybrid of different options.

However in this case, would this not sort the issue? The things most fans want to see, without subjective shapes..

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 23.26.09.png

I guarantee we’ll see this on some kits. Maybe just away/3rd but they’re clearly going to use it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

Short story of How the average persons brain works 

Reveal hidden contents

Well I liked option 2 because everyone liked option 2 so I voted for it, but now I kinda like option 1 because everyone has now started to like option 1, so I like it better than option 2 now.

Speaking from personal experience?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shay said:

Found another fan made one that is absolutely beautiful. Can anybody make the lion face the other way?

510AB8F1-C29F-46C9-B85A-D17960CD68C7.jpeg

Why don't the club ever consult with some of these fan designers, and gauge the popularity on social media?

This is a brilliant design.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

On the Villa Live building, they’re not using either crest shape.

Yeah i've woken up and realised this.

It's another reason the circular badge is destined to win, but i'm now ok with it.

As i realise they will be using the same template without the crest in certain applications which is quite nice.

• Like 3