$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

This has all the makings of a huge anti-climax.

Wesley Sniejder all over again. I'm expecting Randy to confirm that he is not selling and that the rumours are a load of bullshit.

Wesley Sniejder all over again. I'm expecting Randy to confirm that he is not selling and that the rumours are a load of bullshit.

There will be a total uproar if that happens, won't be pretty

Maybe it's Floyd Mayweather Jr and he's just waiting for the cheque from tonight's fight to clear - he's been linked with buying the Clippers - maybe he could be tempted into a soccer team - that would bring interesting times!

Can't see it happening myself. The guy on TBAR is full of shit and all that ITK bull was about was ad clicks and new forum sign ups.

Randy's announcement will thank Lambert for his work, confirm his long term commitment to the club, and hint that there will be more £ to spend going forward.

Can't see it happening myself. The guy on TBAR is full of shit and all that ITK bull was about was ad clicks and new forum sign ups.

Randy's announcement will thank Lambert for his work, confirm his long term commitment to the club, and hint that there will be more £ to spend going forward.

Don't buy it. Why not just deny a takeover is happening like they did at the start of the season? 

Why did Randy comment and not let Faulkner like usual?

I really think a takeover will happen. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Well, if the rumours of having a representative of some interested party come to watch the game as a guest today are true then he couldn't have chosen a better game. Not only did the players put the effort in but I can only imagine what the atmosphere at VP must have been like when the goals went in and the final whistle was blown.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

We're in a decent position to sell now but the money Randy will want may prove the gridlock.

£200m to buy the club plus all the debt? Even if a consortium was willing to pay that, how much on top would then be made available for signings, wages, contracts, manager etc??

I think you could spend £100m on this team and it still wouldn't be pushing top 6.

Maybe it's Floyd Mayweather Jr and he's just waiting for the cheque from tonight's fight to clear - he's been linked with buying the Clippers - maybe he could be tempted into a soccer team - that would bring interesting times!

A$TON VILLA, bitch!

• Like 2

No, Lerner wants out, it may not be done and he may be here next season who know but he definitely wants to sell.

You know this how? Did you read it in your tea leaves or actual source?

Well, if the rumours of having a representative of some interested party come to watch the game as a guest today are true then he couldn't have chosen a better game. Not only did the players put the effort in but I can only imagine what the atmosphere at VP must have been like when the goals went in and the final whistle was blown.

Where did you hear this, Ginko?

• Like 1

Of course, we're all presuming that someone might actually want to speculate on us. I totally believe Lerner wishes to rid himself of the club, but the biggest stumbling block could be persuading someone to chuck £200m plus untold future investment up the wall.

Unless it was some psychological plan to motivate the players (which is highly unlikely).

The only reason to say you will address the rumours at the end of the season is that they are true. Otherwise you would just say they were bollocks.

• Like 2

There's an important distinction, though, between 'wanting to sell the club' (I don't see how anyone can deny this is true at this point) and 'having a buyer ready' (this may not be true at all). We could have more years of us being stuck with Randy, and Randy being stuck with us, still to come.