$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I will not reveal my source but I have it on good authority that Randy Lerner has had talks with both a prospective American buy out or a potential Russian oil Billionaire.

It is common knowledge that it all depends on whether we stay in the premiership or not.

Watch what now develops in the very near future & you will see this is right.

I will not reveal my source but I have it on good authority that Randy Lerner has had talks with both a prospective American buy out or a potential Russian oil Billionaire.

It is common knowledge that it all depends on whether we stay in the premiership or not.

we know that from the start mate.

Larry, we're yours now. Do what you please. But please let us know NOW!

C'mon the Ellison link is pure fantasy. Completely ridiculous. People are losing their minds if they think there's a hint of truth to it

Jesus, let people have some fun. It's fairly obvious we won't be taken over by one of the 10 richest men in the world, but it's fun to imagine what if. I'll be speculating that it's Larry Ellison until it's announced we've been taken over by whoever it is, but it won't surprise/disappoint me that it isn't Ellison just because I wanted it to be.

It's just a bit of fun after the past 3/4 years to imagine what could happen if someone like Ellison did in fact takeover.

• Like 2

we know that from the start mate.

Not about the Russian Billionaire/

Or have I already missed something?

My source is a former player.

Not about the Russian Billionaire/

Or have I already missed something?

My source is a former player.

Someone did mention that there was Russian interest, dodgyknees I think (I might be wrong).

After 4 seasons of crap we must be due something good to happen soon. New owners who want us to succeed (Usmanov please) and a new manager who will bring in talented players that can push us up the league next season. Is that too much to ask?

Larry, we're yours now. Do what you please. But please let us know NOW!

C'mon the Ellison link is pure fantasy. Completely ridiculous. People are losing their minds if they think there's a hint of truth to it

I have very good sources which contradict what you said there. I'm not saying it'll definitely 100% be him taking over...but I know beyond reasonable doubt that he is/was interested. 

(I put in a previous post a while back..i'm not an attentions seeking childish 'ITK'..just passing on information I've been told from someone I've no reason to doubt whatsoever.)

Well he's interested in buying that NBA team so he is on the lookout to buy some kind of sports feam

Come on Larry get your ass over the atlantic

Yes, he's currently in the process of spending a billion dollars (combined with others, but still) on an NBA franchise. There are a thousand reasons why he, especially, won't buy us, but that one is the one that makes it truly impossible. 

Trouble is doesn't matter who (if anyone) buys the club and how much they are worth, what matters is how much they are prepared to spend. A billionaire owner doesn't mean a billion spent on the team.

Apart from what the guy on TBAR said (and his pretty hasty retreat) what evidence is there that a buyer has been found?

Randy's non-denial and a million different rumours are the only evidence we've got, but that doesn't mean people can't speculate or get caught up in the hope that we might be bought by someone who is prepared to spend the money required to push us back up the table.

Is everyone ok if it's russian money, after the last few months?

I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned it, but purely in footballing terms, I wouldn't mind a Russian owner. If they stump up the money, I don't think I'd mind who it was. Unless they brought the club in to disrepute, I'd hate to see the AV name dragged through the mud because of an owner, like the SHA owner banged up in jail. Morally speaking, I suppose it would be harsh to label all Russian owners with the same brush; I don't like a lot of things the UK government have done in the past, so I wouldn't like someone to imply that I am part of those decisions when I'm not. Interesting question.

Is that Incognito post from TBAR? If so, that forum just seems full of fake ITK and must be unbearable to be on.

The incognito post on TBAR was fake, apparently the person who posted that is also posting under two other names as well or at least the post are coming from the same computer as they all share the same IP address.

• Like 2