$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

New chapter, all in due course. Why doesnt he just bloody tell us whats going on. They must like stringing the fans along

IncognitoAVFC has always been a mouthpiece for the club.  I doubt he'd give the game away totally, but for me this is the most credible hint of a deal being done / firmly in place.

I suspect that they like stringing fans along just long enough that they buy more season tickets, and the 'more in due course' should in fact read 'more of the same in due course'.

IncognitoAVFC has always been a mouthpiece for the club.  I doubt he'd give the game away totally, but for me this is the most credible hint of a deal being done / firmly in place.

It gets hope up, without them actually stating that the club is being sold. Cynical attempt to sell tickets, IMO.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I suspect that they like stringing fans along just long enough that they buy more season tickets, and the 'more in due course' should in fact read 'more of the same in due course'.

It gets hope up, without them actually stating that the club is being sold. Cynical attempt to sell tickets, IMO.

I think we'll find out.... in due course, naturally.

;)

I think we both agree that it's someone involved with the club  though.

IncognitoAVFC has always been a mouthpiece for the club. I doubt he'd give the game away totally, but for me this is the most credible hint of a deal being done / firmly in place.

I think we'll find out.... in due course, naturally.

;)

I think we both agree that it's someone involved with the club though.

Yes it definitely is someone in the club. Pretty sure its Faulkner

I love all this selling season tickets stuff as if that is the main revenue stream for the club like it used to be its tiny compared to TV money that's why what fans consider much smaller clubs earn pretty much the same as us.

• Like 1

I love all this selling season tickets stuff as if that is the main revenue stream for the club like it used to be its tiny compared to TV money that's why what fans consider much smaller clubs earn pretty much the same as us.

Its not all about the money. Its about selling season tickets like units. Its more about the support and Lerner will be desperate to show the support to the new owners too!

Yeah it's obviously someone at the club. I don't think it's an attempt to sell season tickets. With Randy's statement and that Incognito statement I think takeover is definitely on. Should be an incredibly interesting summer!

All those tweets are from last year. Quite funny reading them aswell "U've certainly got Villa Park buzzing again & we look 4ward 2 pushing on next season", "we hope to push on next season adding a few astute additions to an already very talented young squad. Paul has a plan in place" and " Now we've secured our Premier League status along with the confidence these talented young players will have gained this term..."

It hasn't happened. This season has been more of the same so we need a takeover or a dramatic change in philosophy from the board. I'll leave you to decide which is more likely.

• Like 2

All those tweets are from last year. Quite funny reading them aswell "U've certainly got Villa Park buzzing again & we look 4ward 2 pushing on next season", "we hope to push on next season adding a few astute additions to an already very talented young squad. Paul has a plan in place" and " Now we've secured our Premier League status along with the confidence these talented young players will have gained this term..."

It hasn't happened. This season has been more of the same so we need a takeover or a dramatic change in philosophy from the board. I'll leave you to decide which is more likely.

Nope, all except one. A very important tweet as well. I think Lerner is going to be involved in some capacity.